Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Get this guy a Puppers!
    Does he drive uh smaht cahr?

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think y’all are vastly overestimating how much an offensive coordinator at a division 2 school makes. I don’t think this took the wheeling and dealing you might think to get Ruse here.
    This. Doug Ruse wasn't going to turn down an offer to get back in FBS from D2.

3. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think everyone knows this is bigger than a position coach.

It’s just a way to get him here.

I think there are bigger plans than just TE coach. Much bigger plans.

CL is no dummy. He knows we got a lot of fixing to get done.
    We should have bigger plans for every single position coach we hire. If we don’t identify future potential in them then why would we hire them?

Yeah no. I don't think the President particularly cares who Lunsford hires as a TE coach. Seems more like a Brooks Keel move. Y'all are reading way too much into this.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    It's a bit naive to think CCL didn't include the president in the discussion to lure a former OC to come back particularly a successful one if dollars were involved. Some folks seem more interested in sniping than having legitimate conversation.
    what's there to snipe about? Why would the president of a university have anything to do with a hire of an assistant coach? CCL has a budget and hires and fires his own people. Unless we are paying Ruse over the budget that we have for assistants or unless he has some shady past, why does anyone outside of the FOC care? More than likely, it was a rubber stamp by a VP to say yes this hire is within budget.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

With the new USG system wide “critical hiring process”, his contract was one that got sent bacc for more information etc. The president was aware of that entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    With the new USG system wide “critical hiring process”, his contract was one that got sent bacc for more information etc. The president was aware of that entire process.
    being "aware" of it and being critically involved in the decision making is a big difference.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    ah yes, the critical hiring process, I've heard that a lot over past year.

9. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    being "aware" of it and being critically involved in the decision making is a big difference.
    I would imagine that CL talked to Sweany before he made the hire. She had to sign off on it to make sure it was in budget, etc. If the President of the University is involved that heavily with who is being hired for the last spot on the football coaching staff, then Georgia Southern is in trouble. The only motive involved with this hire is Lunsford wanted to improve the football team and hired someone that he has worked under in the past. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    I would imagine that CL talked to Sweany before he made the hire. She had to sign off on it to make sure it was in budget, etc. If the President of the University is involved that heavily with who is being hired for the last spot on the football coaching staff, than Georgia Southern is in trouble. The only motive involved with this hire is Lunsford wanted to improve the football team and hired someone that he has worked under in the past. That's it.
    I agree.

IMO, it’s reasonable for a university president to not know what a “tight end” is.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops