TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

that was one wild game where we ran the bobsled formation 21 times.

2. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

I absolutely showed up to the wrong stadium.

The games I attended were places where that formation led to many, many negative yardage plays. There weren’t much of this 13 yard average stuff at my game. https://www.12up.com/amp/posts/georg...t-01dpa5v6wvby

(at the time the article was written, our offense was dead last in the country..... And we were “ irrelevant.” Yaaaaay bobsled!!!)

-Are y’all misremembering how awful this was?? How many OTs did it take to win against freaking USA??

I gotta get a better map.

Let me take a stab at this. I’m going to assume jcountry was one of the posters complaining about the flex when it was TOO dominant and was causing fans to flee because our games were boring. If we average 13 yards a play, we’d blow everyone out and the games would be boring. Maybe that’s his argument against the formation. If not, I’m like everyone else and have no clue what he’s trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Did you actually read that tweet?

13 average for the season? (Stats based on selected plays.).

No

(we sure as hell ran that mess a lot more than 21 plays last season.)
    Yeah I read the tweet. You apparently read it but don't have the reading comprehension that everyone else does that understood it. Here's the big give away for you for net time.......it's says "Bobsled" Formation - 2019. See the 2019 means for the year. Had it meant to say "bobsled" formation during one game it would have had the opponent or the game date on it.

Here's what it said.

“Bobsled” Formation - 2019
    3 Touchdowns
    21 Personnel
    13.07 ypp (15 plays)
    30 Personnel
    5.0 ypp (6 plays)

What proof do you have that we ran it "a lot more than 21 times"? Another one of your emotion based stats instead of actual facts?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    that was one wild game where we ran the bobsled formation 21 times.
    and scored THREE touchdowns on it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

6. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Yeah I read the tweet. You apparently read it but don't have the reading comprehension that everyone else does that understood it. Here's the big give away for you for net time.......it's says "Bobsled" Formation - 2019. See the 2019 means for the year. Had it meant to say "bobsled" formation during one game it would have had the opponent or the game date on it.

Here's what it said.

“Bobsled” Formation - 2019
    3 Touchdowns
    21 Personnel
    13.07 ypp (15 plays)
    30 Personnel
    5.0 ypp (6 plays)

What proof do you have that we ran it "a lot more than 21 times"? Another one of your emotion based stats instead of actual facts?
    Read that article.

Dead last in offense in country when we played USA (to how many OTs??)

Yeah. We were definitely masters of 4D chess.

Lull everyone to sleep, then whack ‘em right upside the head with a bobsled!!

7. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Let me take a stab at this. I’m going to assume jcountry was one of the posters complaining about the flex when it was TOO dominant and was causing fans to flee because our games were boring. If we average 13 yards a play, we’d blow everyone out and the games would be boring. Maybe that’s his argument against the formation. If not, I’m like everyone else and have no clue what he’s trying to say.
    I used to get fired up about jcountry's posts and how wrong he often is. But, I had to let it go. Some people just like to shout at the rain. Going from I hate the bobsled to how many OTs it took to beat South Alabama in 2 seconds is just, yeah.

Was blocking bad last year? Yes. Did we need better play from the Safety's? Yes. Is the bobsled to blame for everything? No. Kirby Smart is. We all know that.

I absolutely showed up to the wrong stadium.

The games I attended were places where that formation led to many, many negative yardage plays. There weren’t much of this 13 yard average stuff at my game. https://www.12up.com/amp/posts/georg...t-01dpa5v6wvby

(at the time the article was written, our offense was dead last in the country..... And we were “ irrelevant.” Yaaaaay bobsled!!!)

-Are y’all misremembering how awful this was?? How many OTs did it take to win against freaking USA??

I gotta get a better map.
    OK, prove us all wrong. Track every offensive play of the season and let us know exactly how many were in the bobsled, what personnel package we were in, what the yardage of each play in the formation was, and what the average for each of those personnel packages were in the bobsled.

If only there were an easier way to do it......... oh I know. I bet the coaches have already tracked all of those stats and could put them into a nice concise tweet for us.

9. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Read that article.

Dead last in offense in country when we played USA (to how many OTs??)

Yeah. We were definitely masters of 4D chess.

Lull everyone to sleep, then whack ‘em right upside the head with a bobsled!!
    Haha, what’s wrong with you? I mean, seriously, what does this have to do with the bobsled formation?

Like it or not, we ran that formation 21 times this season and overall it was successful.

10. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...ut_no_evil.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    OK, prove us all wrong. Track every offensive play of the season and let us know exactly how many were in the bobsled, what personnel package we were in, what the yardage of each play in the formation was, and what the average for each of those personnel packages were in the bobsled.

If only there were an easier way to do it......... oh I know. I bet the coaches have already tracked all of those stats and could put them into a nice concise tweet for us.
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...ut_no_evil.jpg

We all saw what we saw last season. And it was mostly horrible. There is absolutely no way that formation had that kind of overall production. I think that tweet only covers positive yard plays. I saw plenty of negatives as well.

-If it were as awesome as some folks here seem to think-why the hell didn’t we use it more? If we had a sure-fire play with a minimum average 5 yards in our pocket-why the hell not use it 80% of the time? We would have made Burrow cry. (Hell. At least whip that bad boy out to ensure not doing OT against freaking USA.)