TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 249

Thread: Ruse coming back.

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,829

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Oh, yes.....

    I’m totally wrong.

    I knew I took a wrong turn in the way into the stadium last year. Every game.

    I actually got stuck in the parallel universe where our offense inhale vigorouslyed.

    I’m sure those of you sitting in awesomeland had much better memories of our performance. (I have GOT to take a map next time. I definitely want to sit in the place where our offense is not hot crap.)

    Apologies.
    No one said the offense is/was perfect. But you are barking up the wrong tree when you say the bobsled formation didn't work.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  2. #172

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Having an under-performing offense and a single offensive alignment that is successful are two completely different things. You can have both.

  3. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No one said the offense is/was perfect. But you are barking up the wrong tree when you say the bobsled formation didn't work.

    You roll with that.

    Its a terrible formation.

    last resort.


    Call that “working” if you wish. I suppose it was better than totally sticking with an ineffective dive ALL game (like Stowers did,). but I’m not sure whether scraping the bottom of the barrel and whipping out something like the bobsled to save ourselves (by the thinnest skin of our teeth) can be considered success.

    I want to see a LOT better playbook than we have had. I think we will.

    If Ruse is given proper authority, we will see blocking, misdirection and such. Won’t have to rely on the 1952 bobsled anymore.

  4. #174

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Oh, yes.....

    I’m totally wrong.

    I knew I took a wrong turn in the way into the stadium last year. Every game.

    I actually got stuck in the parallel universe where our offense inhale vigorouslyed.

    I’m sure those of you sitting in awesomeland had much better memories of our performance. (I have GOT to take a map next time. I definitely want to sit in the place where our offense is not hot crap.)

    Apologies.
    I know this seems crazy but just follow me. It is possible to admit that while a lot of stuff did not work last year that the bobsled formation did. It is possible, and just hear me out, that 13 yards per play is a really good average out of one formation. In fact, I would argue that it’s more impressive when you consider how often we seemed to struggle overall.

  5. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I know this seems crazy but just follow me. It is possible to admit that while a lot of stuff did not work last year that the bobsled formation did. It is possible, and just hear me out, that 13 yards per play is a really good average out of one formation. In fact, I would argue that it’s more impressive when you consider how often we seemed to struggle overall.

    That was an average for one game. Most games, we got stuffed all up and down the field with it. There really is a reason you never see it in college anymore

    hear that out

    It was a desperation move. I’m so tired of desperate stuff. If we can’t do option right, we need to bid it farewell, not simply continue to scrape by. Give someone like Tomlin a couple of really good WRs in 2021 and never look back.

    Eventually, we will have to figure out that what was awesome (at a much lower level) in 1983 is not necessarily gonna work here and now.

    We are really limiting ourselves when practically no good coaches exist for this type of offense, and we need a couple years to develop every O line and a couple to develop every QB (God forbid he gets injured.) I’d much rather transition to something more like what others run vs being known forever as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

    It’s always -“we will be awesome when we get X Y and Z enough experience.” That seems to have happened only about 3 times in our entire history. If we can’t establish more consistency, we won’t stay in FBS.

    Y’all can have the bobsled.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,829

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That was an average for one game. Most games, we got stuffed all up and down the field with it. There really is a reason you never see it in college anymore

    hear that out

    It was a desperation move. I’m so tired of desperate stuff. If we can’t do option right, we need to bid it farewell, not simply continue to scrape by. Give someone like Tomlin a couple of really good WRs in 2021 and never look back
    As was already explained to you twice, NO IT WASN'T the average for one game. It was for the season.

    Why is one formation more desperate than any other formation? You whine about play calling and being vanilla, but when we do something different you whine about it being desperate. You have got to be trolling, because there is no way a sane person goes off in such weird tangents like you do with no basis in reality or facts.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,679

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Warms my heart seeing people use stat based reasoning in their arguments.

  8. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    As was already explained to you twice, NO IT WASN'T the average for one game. It was for the season.

    Why is one formation more desperate than any other formation? You whine about play calling and being vanilla, but when we do something different you whine about it being desperate. You have got to be trolling, because there is no way a sane person goes off in such weird tangents like you do with no basis in reality or facts.
    Did you actually read that tweet?

    13 average for the season? (Stats based on selected plays.).

    No

    (we sure as hell ran that mess a lot more than 21 plays last season.)

  9. #179

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Did you actually read that tweet?

    13 average for the season? (Stats based on selected plays.).

    No
    So if it was for a single game like you say, we scored 3 TDs off of this formation during a single game? Which game was that?

  10. #180

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Did you actually read that tweet?

    13 average for the season? (Stats based on selected plays.).

    No

    (we sure as hell ran that mess a lot more than 21 plays last season.)
    LOL
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Similar Threads

  1. New Offense coaches and one is coming back. What are your thoughts?
    By BOWLINGEAGLEGSU in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11th January 2016, 09:46 AM
  2. Team coming back tonight?
    By oldfart in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th December 2015, 10:31 AM
  3. Players coming back for Summer
    By kennesaweagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 7th July 2010, 07:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •