TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

p.s. The last link is to a game in which a flex team beats the Wonder Boys' brakes off.
    That’s the same team, Harding, that WR coach Donald spent a year working at. Eased my mind a little over his hiring knowing that he’s been exposed to that offense and the emphasis placed on blocking at WR.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

2. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Anyone who has doubts about Ruse should go and watch that 2014 game I posted. Or any of the games from that season or the next. (We may have been out athleted in a game or two, but I don’t remember much confusion about what we we supposed to be doing. Certainly not even to half the level we saw last season.)

The offense played clean, fast as hell and just slashed folks in so many ways. Sure, Ellison was a wizard, but things all across the board just looked so good.

I have no doubts about Ruse at least knowing what we want to see. I just hope he is given enough authority to fix stuff. I still question whether our current OC actually knows what this is supposed to look like. Especially in terms of blocking. O line faults ain’t got much to do with the mess we see on the sides.

No question Ruse could bring a new dynamic to the offense. CBD is a solid Xs and Os coach but IMO the best thing that can happen with this new arrangement is that CBD listens intensely and makes every effort to try and be successful while including the thinking of Ruse. Anything short of that will be counter productive. Hopefully this works and Ruse can get a raise as COC next year and they have a nice run and make lots of money at the next level together for two three years before retiring. Hopefully just one goes and we can give a nice raise to whoever stays.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Anyone who has doubts about Ruse should go and watch that 2014 game I posted. Or any of the games from that season or the next. (We may have been out athleted in a game or two, but I don’t remember much confusion about what we we supposed to be doing. Certainly not even to half the level we saw last season.)

The offense played clean, fast as hell and just slashed folks in so many ways. Sure, Ellison was a wizard, but things all across the board just looked so good.

I have no doubts about Ruse at least knowing what we want to see. I just hope he is given enough authority to fix stuff. I still question whether our current OC actually knows what this is supposed to look like. Especially in terms of blocking. O line faults ain’t got much to do with the mess we see on the sides.
    we had one of our best O-lines in our history along with the fastest RB in the NFL carrying the ball that season. We have neither going into next season. Let's see what happens.

5. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we had one of our best O-lines in our history along with the fastest RB in the NFL carrying the ball that season. We have neither going into next season. Let's see what happens.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from those guys.

They were very talented.

But I am excited to see us move in the right direction. We should at least see something better than last season.

I want to at least see us finally progress. TS dug an extremely deep hole for us. I would like to see us actually start to climb out.

Just imagine what Werts and Kennedy and King would look like behind a competent blocking scheme. I want that. I think we have a chance of finally seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm not trying to take anything away from those guys.

They were very talented.

But I am excited to see us move in the right direction. We should at least see something better than last season.

I want to at least see us finally progress. TS dug an extremely deep hole for us. I would like to see us actually start to climb out.

Just imagine what Werts and Kennedy and King would look like behind a competent blocking scheme. I want that. I think we have a chance of finally seeing it.
    +1, and about 35 points a game. Like to see our offense win some games rather than our defense.

Good thing I've got my contacts in, or I would have missed it.

well, you said

I deserve a big thanks for this
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    well, you said

Doc, I can read that last line without my glasses(smile)

If you REALLY don't have anything to do this weekend, you can watch a whole lot of film from the ATU Wonder Boys' 2019 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukwGeRm7w08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSy6ZvYxKTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct70kmWExN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3Q_lH9Ap0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHYOVxoMXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkGZq9XesM

http://hu16-vod.harding.edu/Cablecas...2593?channel=1

I watched about 25-30 plays. Looked like typical Ruse stuff: speed option, triple option, wildcat, IZ, jet sweep, short passes, play-action deep shots. They didn't appear to huddle.

I deserve a big thanks for this!

p.s. The last link is to a game in which a flex team beats the Wonder Boys' brakes off.
    pete4256, how can anybody watch that last link and not think the 1985 Georgia Southern Eagle football offensive scheme (plus the rocket toss, of course) wouldn't work today? I bet ya that Harding quarterback wasn't a 4.7 guy either.

And yep, thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    well, you said

Where’s my magnifying glass?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops