Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Where’s my magnifying glass?
    Ever the games man

SPEED! At QB. At RB. At Slot. At WR. Then practice to be fast and with smoothness. Not brain surgery, but important in running any offense. That Bowl game we had with Bowling Green a perfect example.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    SPEED! At QB. At RB. At Slot. At WR. Then practice to be fast and with smoothness. Not brain surgery, but important in running any offense. That Bowl game we had with Bowling Green a perfect example.
    Yep. Speed's good as long as running lanes and time to throw the ball are available also. O line scheme and execution's still #1. You don't block 'em, you don't win.

4. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Yep. Speed's good as long as running lanes and time to throw the ball are available also. O line scheme and execution's still #1. You don't block 'em, you don't win.
    That last sentence x one zillion

5. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Make no mistake— the hiring of Ruse is another not-so-subtle reminder to DeBesse that we need to see improvement this year

OC in waiting. Debesse retires after this year and goes out in style GATA
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

Quote Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
    OC in waiting. Debesse retires after this year and goes out in style GATA
    Speculation? Inside info? Your desire?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Exactly.

Let's look at that bowling green game, and the season that followed. Same QBs and RBs, but poor OL scheme/coaching and those barn burners couldn't get any lanes.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

9. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post
    Exactly.

Let's look at that bowling green game, and the season that followed. Same QBs and RBs, but poor OL scheme/coaching and those barn burners couldn't get any lanes.

This is what concerns me so much.

The schema was really a mess both the last couple of seasons. So much confusion. We did some good stuff almost in spite of ourselves.

No question Ruse knows exactly how this should look. Blocking was awesome when he was here before.

Let’s hope he has the authority to fix stuff. I hope he is effectively a CO-OC. The film I watched of some of DeBeese’s teams before he got here never impressed me much. I really don’t think he understands blocking very well.

I know that’s an odd statement to make about someone with his level of experience, but the mess we saw the last couple of seasons speaks for itself.

I question the basic competence of anyone trying to use the bobsled formation in modern FBS football. You put yourself at a numbers/distance disadvantage every time

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This is what concerns me so much.

The schema was really a mess both the last couple of seasons. So much confusion. We did some good stuff almost in spite of ourselves.

No question Ruse knows exactly how this should look. Blocking was awesome when he was here before.

Let’s hope he has the authority to fix stuff. I hope he is effectively a CO-OC. The film I watched of some of DeBeese’s teams before he got here never impressed me much. I really don’t think he understands blocking very well.

I know that’s an odd statement to make about someone with his level of experience, but the mess we saw the last couple of seasons speaks for itself.

I question the basic competence of anyone trying to use the bobsled formation in modern FBS football. You put yourself at a numbers/distance disadvantage every time
    How are you at a numbers disadvantage?