TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB - Jaguars vs Eagles (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: MBB - Jaguars vs Eagles (Hanner Fieldhouse)

I like Coach Byington but itís gut check time. Every year, plenty of promising talent and basically we get the same results. Like years past, this team lacks fundamentals, focus and discipline. We do not play sound basketball on either end of the court - and after seven years, we struggle with an offensive playbook.

I have two opinions on this team that are ironclad.

1.) This team has the raw talent, athleticism and defensive ability to beat anyone in the Sun Belt.

2.) If it's a close score with 5 minutes to play in any game that matters, bet the house against the Eagles because they're about to stop doing anything that resembles playing competitive basketball.

Our inability to score without the three point shot costs us another game yet again. So unbelievably frustrating.

Tied 60-60, we get outscored 19-9 in final 7 minutes. USA dares you to shoot the 3, yet there still were "holes" in their zone. To many TO's, to many attempts at highlight passes. We were 1-12 on our last 3 point shots. Funny, USA had no problem pounding the ball into the paint. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, CB has his coaching style. Thank heavens Troy beat GagSt. Little Rock now 11-2 in SB. I think I start David Lee from here on out and bring Calvin in off bench. McCaddan also struggling. We should take 2 on next road trip.

5. Default Re: MBB - Jaguars vs Eagles (Hanner Fieldhouse)

And to build off your point after seven years how many more years do we just continue to have talent and be somewhat competitive..then lose the second half of the season and not make a run in the sun belt tourney. Donít get me wrong Iím all about successful graduation rates etc etc but despite the 20+ win seasons it doesnít translate to any post season success. Heck we canít even make the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Our inability to score without the three point shot costs us another game yet again. So unbelievably frustrating.
    Our situational end of game offense leaves a lot to be desired, but I’d pin this loss on our defense. They shot 51.7 from the field... that ain’t gonna cut it... that’s 10% better than the last time we played them.

I think when Mccadden struggles we struggle. 4 pts tonight, 4 pts against gast, 6 pts last time we played USA. His body language during the last few mins tells me he’s lost confidence. That end of game turnover against gast... you could just tell he didn’t want that ball there. Hoping he turns it around here and gets going before the conference tourney.

The first 30 minutes of each game, this team seems to not miss tookie, but those last 10 mins we sure miss his ball handling and steady hand. Gotta keep fighting through these struggles.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

I didn’t watch the game but to see that Ike and Quan combined for 25 3’s is just sadly laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Same ole song and dance with a different partner

9. Default Re: MBB - Jaguars vs Eagles (Hanner Fieldhouse)

I didn't get to watch much of the game but the box score says Quan and Ike combined for 37 shots (25 3's) while Crawley and Carter combined for 5. Like it or not our fate is largely tied to two guys shooting a combined 30% from 3 and 38% overall.

I liked USA's offense, no problem getting passes into the paint, then if nothing there kick it back out for a 3. We should try that every time down the court except of course if we are on a fast brake. You know it's important to get your big men involved early in the game. I thought Carter and somewhat Crawley played timid on the offensive side of ball. Of course when you go long, long stretches of time and possessions where no inlet passes are thrown your way, got to wonder "what am I doing out here. Sometimes it looks like we are playing 3 on 5. We also IMO do not rotate the ball effectively. Usually have 2 guys just standing on one side of court, no cutting, no screening....