TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB - Troy vs GS (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: MBB - Troy vs GS (Hanner Fieldhouse)

80-55 with 2 minutes left Eagles on top

Good to see Mr. GPA get in the game and score.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

By the number of pages of this thread.... The Eagles must have won.... it they lost this would be 10 pages by now

4. Default Re: MBB - Troy vs GS (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Wishart and Crawley combined for 6-9 from beyond the arc and Quan with 21pts. Good effort and good conference win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    We'll be up by 20+ with about 7-8 mins to go, go 4-5 minutes without a basket, maybe win by 6-8.
    I'll eat my serving of crow now 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    By the number of pages of this thread.... The Eagles must have won.... it they lost this would be 10 pages by now
    Very true.

Some of you basketball guys can comment, but Troy looked really small - because we're small and they're smaller. Lots of speed and decent shooting on that 15-0 run and the Eagles took over didn't let up until under 4 minutes up by 30. Garns did not get to dance.

We match up well against Troy. USA is a different story. Saturday will be a war. QJ will need to continue to drive to the basket and let Cal shoot the threes. I thought Ike played a great game. He wasn’t chunking threes tonight and really led the team back with D and rebounding and assists. Glad to hear DLJ will be back for Saturday. The loser Saturday pretty much drops out of the race for the top 2 spots. Really good win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we beat them by 16 on their court, this should be a stomping.
    never doubt me(smile). To answer Cliff, Troy is small, no height or beef. To be honest, they are not a good team. Quan did tonight what Quan does best drive the ball to the hole and or shoot midrange jumpers. Played IMO his best game of season. Crawley balled. Ike played well, boards and defense. Calvin needs to go back to basics and cut out all the fancy stuff(which in most cases leads to turnovers. Also tends to be playing out of control, just make a pass(it doesn't always have to be ESPN worthy). Oh, Crawley had another double/double and you know how much I like double/doubles. Good, easy win but fall behind USA Saturday and we will be in trouble. I didn't dance tonight, "load management "

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    We match up well against Troy. USA is a different story. Saturday will be a war. QJ will need to continue to drive to the basket and let Cal shoot the threes. I thought Ike played a great game. He wasn’t chunking threes tonight and really led the team back with D and rebounding and assists. Glad to hear DLJ will be back for Saturday. The loser Saturday pretty much drops out of the race for the top 2 spots. Really good win tonight.
    We really need to play a big lineup Saturday. When Carter and Dawkins picked up number 4 at USA the game flipped and they took over.
    As long as we finish in the top 4 - we are in good position for the tournament. (top 2 would be great), but top 4 gives us a home game and then on the Semi-finals