Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AD search

1. Default Re: AD search

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Jeff Monken is from Illinois.
    Tyson Summers is from Georgia.
    Yep, and Hatcher is from Georgia.

Default Re: AD search

In Sam Bakers defense both Van Gorder and Hatcher were good hires on paper. What BVG did as the defensive coordinator at UGA and then the short time in the NFL before he became our coach was impressive and only became a bad hire once we got to know him, his family and his approach etc. Hatcher was also an up and coming coach that was on the ga tech and Tennessee head coaching lists, he won a championship at valdosta and new ga for recruiting, again a very good hire. TS never even looked good on paper.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Twenty five or thirty years after the War Between the States a fellow from New England moved down to a Hick town in Georgia. His efforts to bring his new neighbors out of the dark ages made some of the folks think of him as a" know it all". The town blacksmith disliked the gentleman so much that when he bent over to pick up a recently glowing horseshoe the blacksmith offered no warning. After a bunch of jumping up and down, hand waving and swearing the blacksmith smugly said "hot huh?". "Nah. Just doesn't take me that long to look at a horseshoe."

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    In Sam Bakers defense both Van Gorder and Hatcher were good hires on paper. What BVG did as the defensive coordinator at UGA and then the short time in the NFL before he became our coach was impressive and only became a bad hire once we got to know him, his family and his approach etc. Hatcher was also an up and coming coach that was on the ga tech and Tennessee head coaching lists, he won a championship at valdosta and new ga for recruiting, again a very good hire. TS never even looked good on paper.

to be fair, his family was actually very nice. He was just a huge douchecanoe

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I agree with BVG and Hatcher being good "on paper" hires, but Tyson's resume was very short and not very impressive.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

6. Default Re: AD search

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post
    I agree with BVG and Hatcher being good "on paper" hires, but Tyson's resume was very short and not very impressive.
    It was inexcusable.

No one, anywhere could figure that hire out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    From talking to several people on the committee I was told the plan is to hopefully have anew AD by April 1. Scott Farmer is a candidate along with a number of 1AA ADs and several guys who are 3rd or 4th in their current positions at P5 schools. It is widely accepted that our salary— TK made roughly 275K— will be going up to at least 400K and maybe higher
    If we’re going after a P5 assistant, I’d sure love to poach someone from a successful football school in the Southeast. Clemson, Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia etc. Someone that is familiar with the football first culture in this part of the country and has some familiarity with our history. But also has vision and connections that comes with working at a big school. Southern drawl isn’t necessary but working in this part of the country certainly would help.

8. Default Re: AD search

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    If we’re going after a P5 assistant, I’d sure love to poach someone from a successful football school in the Southeast. Clemson, Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia etc. Someone that is familiar with the football first culture in this part of the country and has some familiarity with our history. But also has vision and connections that comes with working at a big school. Southern drawl isn’t necessary but working in this part of the country certainly would help.
    Definitely who we should be targeting.

That sort of person would hopefully have established, beneficial relationships which would help with recruiting, marketing, etc.

I would be thrilled to see someone from any of the schools you mention

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post
    Hatcher wasn’t a good hire on paper.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Would be great but probably can't afford it. For instance, I don't think Clemson had a single assistant coach that made under $300k....in 2018....and that's position coaches. Most or all got raises in 2019. For instance, just the friggin' TE coach's salary was over $500k in 2019. It's gotten insane.