TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: AD search

  1. Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK.

    It’s just a feeling.

    TK clearly tries to connect better, but there are some things about his demeanor (and where he’s from) which Appear to rub certain people the wrong way.

    I get the same feeling about his relationship with certain coaches. Fritz had that caveat about Dr Keel leaving in his contract for a reason. Lawyers ain’t cheap, and Fritz paid one to put that in for a reason. I really don’t think you’d see that sort of thing with another AD in place.

    I agree about money-but success would solve that. Just look at App.

    We have some noteworthy alums who simply don’t care. I don’t know why.

    Maybe the new AD can connect with them somehow.

    A new approach can’t hurt.
    To be fair the caveat was if TK or Keel left.

  2. Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK.

    It’s just a feeling.

    TK clearly tries to connect better, but there are some things about his demeanor (and where he’s from) which Appear to rub certain people the wrong way.

    I get the same feeling about his relationship with certain coaches. Fritz had that caveat about Dr Keel leaving in his contract for a reason. Lawyers ain’t cheap, and Fritz paid one to put that in for a reason. I really don’t think you’d see that sort of thing with another AD in place.

    I agree about money-but success would solve that. Just look at App.

    We have some noteworthy alums who simply don’t care. I don’t know why.

    Maybe the new AD can connect with them somehow.

    A new approach can’t hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    To be fair the caveat was if TK or Keel left.
    Really?

    Dang.

    I have seen the “if Keel left” part mentioned here a zillion times. Didn’t know about the TK part.

  3. #13

    Default Re: AD search

    TK leaving was wishful thinking in the contract.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  4. #14

    Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Really?

    Dang.

    I have seen the “if Keel left” part mentioned here a zillion times. Didn’t know about the TK part.
    Because at the time, Keel was the one who left which activated that clause. But yes, if either position of leadership changed, Fritz had an easy out.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,749

    Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK.

    It’s just a feeling.

    TK clearly tries to connect better, but there are some things about his demeanor (and where he’s from) which Appear to rub certain people the wrong way.

    I get the same feeling about his relationship with certain coaches. Fritz had that caveat about Dr Keel leaving in his contract for a reason. Lawyers ain’t cheap, and Fritz paid one to put that in for a reason. I really don’t think you’d see that sort of thing with another AD in place.

    I agree about money-but success would solve that. Just look at App.

    We have some noteworthy alums who simply don’t care. I don’t know why.

    Maybe the new AD can connect with them somehow.

    A new approach can’t hurt.
    the fact that you actually had to put the "where he was from" part into the issues with him shows just how stupid some of the people's issues with him were. If someone can't see what good someone does for their alma mater just because he's a yankee, all other criticisms from that person are immediately suspect.

    And he didn't pay a lawyer just to put the caveat in about TK or Keel leaving. He as renegotiating his entire contract and that was one of the caveats that he added. He wanted to be sure who he was reporting to and not get stuck in a situation that he didn't like down the road. And it wasn't just Keel it was also in effect if TK left. So it's not like he liked one more than the other.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  6. #16

    Default Re: AD search

    Jeff Monken is from Illinois.
    Tyson Summers is from Georgia.

  7. #17

    Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    If the money really is going up that much, then I'm more convinced about the things I've heard.

    One piece of info I got was that it's a virtual certainty that Sweany will no become full-time AD and that no one else from inside will be next up. I had also heard that top assistants at P5 schools seem to be targets. I was unsure about that, but if the salary is going up, that gets a lot more believable.

    I'm still holding the same opinion I've had for the last few weeks. Georgia Southern needs someone and some ideas that are a bit outside the box. I don't think we need to totally burn down everything currently within the department, but success and growth has been stagnant over the last few years. It's time to do some new things.
    Agreed

  8. #18

    Default Re: AD search

    Only one person seems to care about where the AD is from, and I'm not sure he doesn't just use the y-word to get under the skin of certain posters.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  9. Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    the fact that you actually had to put the "where he was from" part into the issues with him shows just how stupid some of the people's issues with him were. If someone can't see what good someone does for their alma mater just because he's a yankee, all other criticisms from that person are immediately suspect.

    And he didn't pay a lawyer just to put the caveat in about TK or Keel leaving. He as renegotiating his entire contract and that was one of the caveats that he added. He wanted to be sure who he was reporting to and not get stuck in a situation that he didn't like down the road. And it wasn't just Keel it was also in effect if TK left. So it's not like he liked one more than the other.
    I don’t agree with the “where he’s from” sentiment.

    But it’s definitely a component in the way some people perceive him.

    We have seen it here a LOT.

    I doubt anyone who matters (donors) actually would care where TK is from. But there are some number of people who like to stir up that sort of stuff on social media.

    I would encourage anyone who thinks Yankees ain’t fun to get to know some folks from backwoods New Jersey or upstate New York. Those people are as awesome as anyone you’ll find around here .

  10. Default Re: AD search

    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Jeff Monken is from Illinois.
    Tyson Summers is from Georgia.
    Excellent point!

Similar Threads

  1. App AD search
    By boroeagle2 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th January 2015, 02:39 PM
  2. Replies: 232
    Last Post: 10th January 2014, 11:55 AM
  3. AJC's take on the Coaching Search
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27th December 2013, 10:06 PM
  4. Anything new on Day 3 of the search?
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 24th November 2009, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •