TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MBB vs. South Alabama

1. Default Re: MBB vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Somebody please let Quan Jackson know there is a reason he’s always so open for a 3 pointer. The kid is extremely athletic and a good player but dude you are not a good shooter. The defense WANTS you taking that shot.
    The fact he has a green light is maddening.

2. Default Re: MBB vs. South Alabama

As opposed to USA who went to their big Ajayi a lot. He finished with 24 points on 8-10 from the floor and 8-8 from the line....and he added 8 rebounds.

Default Re: MBB vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Carter and Crawley were all of 6-8 from the field. But we did manage to chuck 36 3's.
    it had nothing to do with FT's and all to do with Crawley and Carter "were all of 6-8 from the field". For the life of me I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    The fact he has a green light is maddening.
    what is more maddening is that they ALL have the green light. Open looks man, all about open looks.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Close game, only a couple minutes left and I have to ask... what is our offensive strategy? It looks like we have nothing drawn up, no plan, no strategy or set play, nothing.
    you know Southern Pride has the "GS Scramble", our 4-2 minute offense should steal the name, GS scramble. You know it would be a completely different matter if Crawley and Carter were offensive liabilities but there NOT. I don't remember one time this season during last few minutes we ever set up a play where we pounded the ball into either one of them within the paint. I just shake my head and wonder why. Now on the other hand our ladies HC pounds the ball into the paint, the 3 is the last option. The problem is that our lady big's have to get better at finishing BUT the shots are there.

You people are brutal. I give USA credit, they just had a little more bounce in the second half. Their zone D was the difference. Gag hit 15 threes against them and won. We come up short from 3. I was a little surprised their press bothered us but we just seemed tired and jittery in the second half. Poor passes from some really good players, Ike and Mc had a off night. We will beat them at home if we can get some depth. Huge not having DLJ to supply some energy. Cal played great again, shot well from 3 and really kept us in it down the stretch. I mentioned Gag and they lost to Troy today. To split in Alabama ain’t bad. Let’s get some rest and give Gag their second straight loss. See you next Saturday. And all of you take a Valium or something. We lost to a good team on the road. Jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    You people are brutal. I give USA credit, they just had a little more bounce in the second half. Their zone D was the difference. Gag hit 15 threes against them and won. We come up short from 3. I was a little surprised their press bothered us but we just seemed tired and jittery in the second half. Poor passes from some really good players, Ike and Mc had a off night. We will beat them at home if we can get some depth. Huge not having DLJ to supply some energy. Cal played great again, shot well from 3 and really kept us in it down the stretch. I mentioned Gag and they lost to Troy today. To split in Alabama ain’t bad. Let’s get some rest and give Gag their second straight loss. See you next Saturday. And all of you take a Valium or something. We lost to a good team on the road. Jeez!

I don’t think you get it. We aren’t upset that we lost to a good team on the road. We are upset that we keep losing in the same fashion. Our inability to score in the last 5 minutes of a game is maddening.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    leeman, I really do appreciate your positivity, all of us on here are pulling for these guys but what is happening again this year is the pattern. We have seen this year in and year out. We continue to play a guard oriented perimeter offense in spite of(this season) having 2 offensively adept big men who lead the team in FG % yet don't seem to get shots/plays designed for them in crunch time. This is where my and others on here frustration comes from. Then you add the fact that we arnt a good 3 point shooting team....... Today Baylor won their 14th straight, we can't put 4 together despite being up by 9 at the half. I'll be there Saturday screaming and hollering for our Eagles. GATA Eagles.

IMO the 3 reasons we lost today

1) Free throws - we were terrible and they were very good (89% to 56%) they out scored us by 16 at the line
    2) Turn overs - we had some bad turn overs today - carelessness, non-effort, and just being lazy (these were non-forced turn overs)
    3) bigs got in foul trouble. Dawkins picked up number 4 and then Carter picked up number 4 a minute or two later with lots of time left in the game. After that we had couldn't use a 2 big lineup and the game turned at that point.

It's a conference road loss, no big deal. I was kinda expecting a loss today, but this game ended up being one that we should have won, but let get away.

Went to GS web sight, NO BOX SCORE!, that's just dandy!!!!