TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Dodge out

Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Gotta be a good candidate out there that just got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I really don't think size has much to do with it.

The problems I'm seeing look like confusion about whom to block, and when.

Too many times, we have seen multiple missed blocks on a single play. Size ain't got nothing to do with not even attempting a block.
    if we keep not running flex/TO, well you just go on thinking size at WR and TE don't matter. Then have the inner fortitude to complain about the lack of a passing game.

3. Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of a Co-OC/OL (who could handle part of the OL and TEs since we basically use them like OL anyway), with a really good WR coach and Lunsford taking over ST. Between him and Doc consulting, that's more than covered.

That lets us keep the other guys around and injects some new blood into the decision making process as well as bringing someone in that could help with our blocking woes.

I have a WR coach in mind but not for the other position. It would be something similar to what UNM did when they brought Saga in.

Like I said, get creative.
    When has GS ever done anything creative? We will probably promote someone from within.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    When has GS ever done anything creative? We will probably promote someone from within.
    NDSU has constantly promoted from within and it's worked pretty good.

5. Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Normally a good idea to promote from within.

And what would be wrong with that?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

7. Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I didn't say it was bad. The original post said be creative. i said we will probably promote from within.

8. Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    NDSU has constantly promoted from within and it's worked pretty good.
    Agree. I don't understand why my comment is being taken negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    We're a ****ing Division 1 FBS football program.

This ain't FCS....we are better than promoting a GA to a position coach to save money. We should be looking for people with the right skillset and experience to make us better, not just because he's a guy we have here.

GAs go places to get experience to get their foot in the door. It's not our responsibility to be an entry level job for people.

Now a position coach to coordinator/HC? I can get on board with that. That allows for continuity of your program by keeping guys in it that do well. Otherwise, we should be casting a wide net to find the BEST option for each availability we have.

10. Default Re: Andrew Dodge out

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We're a ****ing Division 1 FBS football program.

This ain't FCS....we are better than promoting a GA to a position coach to save money. We should be looking for people with the right skillset and experience to make us better, not just because he's a guy we have here.

GAs go places to get experience to get their foot in the door. It's not our responsibility to be an entry level job for people.

Now a position coach to coordinator/HC? I can get on board with that. That allows for continuity of your program by keeping guys in it that do well. Otherwise, we should be casting a wide net to find the BEST option for each availability we have.
    I was thinking more TJ Anderson. But you have a point. The WRs GA is Dimitri Donald. Wonder if he will get consideration? I'm not really familiar with him.