TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

1. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    1. What gives us a better chance of beating those teams - playing in Paulson or playing at their stadium?

2. When I said regardless of results, I meant the experience surrounding the game NOT taking into account the outcome. I see that I could have worded it differently.

3. Any games we schedule now will be 3-5 years down the road, so my hope is that our team is out of this current funk by then and more competitive overall. You seem really bitter about this past season, as I'm sure we all are, but that poor offensive performance has to be the exception not the rule. Otherwise it wont matter who we schedule because we'll get run out of any stadium we play in.
    Currently, the earliest availability we have for a game like that is 2025. That's a minimum of 5 years to work on our on-field issues. I'd really hate to miss out on a good opportunity in the late 20's just because our offense was sub-par in 2019.

Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Currently, the earliest availability we have for a game like that is 2025. That's a minimum of 5 years to work on our on-field issues. I'd really hate to miss out on a good opportunity in the late 20's just because our offense was sub-par in 2019.
    i just hope I'm still alive in the late 20's.

Excuses. Getting tired of them.

4. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc91 View Post
    Excuses. Getting tired of them.
    Yep.....

"Always next year" is getting a bit long in the tooth. Bit long indeed.

It is amazing the lengths some go to make excuses. Let’s keep traveling to New Mexico State.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    It is amazing the lengths some go to make excuses. Let’s keep traveling to New Mexico State.
    Yeah. Remember when these idiots made all those excuses for why we got smoked by LSU?

Bringing a P5 to Paulson is one of those "tree falling in the woods" things.

It seems like some big deal to y'all because it hasn't happened, but once it does it's going to land with disappointment and we'll probably get smoked. The novelty will almost immediately wear off, we will lose, and then all will be forgotten.

It'll be "cool" though I guess. In some weird clout chasing kind of way. I have serious doubts about any tangible benefits it provides for the program though...just appeases pissy boosters and fans. Worst part about it is that our pissy boosters and fans don't even have deep pockets and barely donate.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 17th January 2020 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yeah. Remember when these idiots made all those excuses for why we got smoked by LSU?

Bringing a P5 to Paulson is one of those "tree falling in the woods" things.

It seems like some big deal to y'all because it hasn't happened, but once it does it's going to land with disappointment and we'll probably get smoked. The novelty will almost immediately wear off, we will lose, and then all will be forgotten.

It'll be "cool" though I guess. In some weird clout chasing kind of way. I have serious doubts about any tangible benefits it provides for the program though...just appeases pissy boosters and fans. Worst part about it is that our pissy boosters and fans don't even have deep pockets and barely donate.
    Yep. Let’s keep letting small schools like Costal and Appy get these games. Continue to make excuses why we can’t.

It’s funny why we will get “smoked” at home while Appy keeps beating these chumps despite a much worse home record.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Yep. Let’s keep letting small schools like Costal and Appy get these games. Continue to make excuses why we can’t.

It’s funny why we will get “smoked” at home while Appy keeps beating these chumps despite a much worse home record.
    App has yet to beat a P5 at home, just for the record.

No guarantee they'll beat UNC/SCar when they do play them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Worst part about it is that our pissy boosters and fans don't even have deep pockets and barely donate.
    Pretty much my standard response to the following questions:
    Why don't we host a big school?
    Why don't we retain coaches?
    Why don't we do X?

Is "do you contribute towards the cause?"
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

10. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Pretty much my standard response to the following questions:
    Why don't we host a big school?
    Why don't we retain coaches?
    Why don't we do X?

Is "do you contribute towards the cause?"
    NM