TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Ironically, the AD needs to make improvements to attract those new donations (i.e. facility upgrades, P5 home games, etc.). Its a tough job.
    so.....better facilities that we need more money to build will attract more donations? I don't know that I have ever seen anyone say "as soon as we get more seats at Paulson I'll start donating"
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

2. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    so.....better facilities that we need more money to build will attract more donations? I don't know that I have ever seen anyone say "as soon as we get more seats at Paulson I'll start donating"
    Who said anything about more seats?

Who said anything about more seats?
    it was an example of a facility upgrade.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

4. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

it was an example of a facility upgrade.
    Not necessarily, it’s merely an example of adding more seats.

Not necessarily, it’s merely an example of adding more seats.
    not sure what you're trying to argue here. Would it have been better if I said I don't know that I have ever heard anyone say "as soon as we upgrade facilities I'll start donating"? Would that have been more clear to you? Th epoint being, you have to have money to have better facilities. It's not the other way around.

6. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

not sure what you're trying to argue here. Would it have been better if I said I don't know that I have ever heard anyone say "as soon as we upgrade facilities I'll start donating"? Would that have been more clear to you? Th epoint being, you have to have money to have better facilities. It's not the other way around.
    Yeah, I get that, hence the aforementioned irony. I’m not trying to argue anything, you made a frivolous remark to my comment and I was merely questioning it. My point was the AD is a tough job because they need money to provide the very things that today’s fans want in a game day experience, but they need that money from the very fans they are trying to attract.

Is this an April Fool's thread? They have UNC at home. They have GT at home. Pretty embarrassing really. I do not know if it is TK's cross to bear but I am ready to see someone else try.....
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by cybereagle View Post
    All the power 5s should want to play us: Play bama - they Win it all; play Clemson - they win it all; play LSU - they win it all. Seriously - if we get paid to travel let’s go get paid and win the games and bring the cash home to Paulson. Donor & Season Ticket holder - Let’s GATA.
    3 times in 8 years, really is incredible.

9. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

State fans already talking about how this will be an ACC/AAC matchup by 2026 and could have 40-50k attendance. Wow...and I thought some of Y’ALL were crazy.

I have been told from a reliable source that when Dr. Keel was president, our institutional support was 62% of the overall budget. Now it’s down to 49%. As for the number of individual boosters, it peaked around 2,000 in 1990. Hard to believe we are less than 1,500 if that is accurate. We need some accountability there but the fact is we have lost enrollment on the Statesboro campus which has hurt our budget. Even worse, we don’t get any support in student athletic fees from the Armstrong campus until their huge athletic department debt from years past is paid off.