TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Actually the people I have seen complaining the most are younger.......
    Or the ones who live farther than an hour away and cant make it down on a friday afternoon in time to enjoy a scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    I don’t see any issues with this. I think it could possibly be more well attended by locals and students. The spring game struggles in attendance if weather is hot. Are there really many people coming from far away to spring games? This helps.

Seems like the boomers are angry though 藍
    not sure you have a good estimate of the ages of the people that post on here
    I am in the very last of the dates that define the boomer generation
    and I can tell you the majority of the folks that post here are younger than me
    so = NOT boomers

an aside, if you will allow me:

Yeah, its true, I'm really tired of the Boomer BS
    not necessarily on here but in general

lumping everyone together that's a certain age range and implying that they are the same is silly

the TRUTH is most of the boomer generation folks that I know are more likely to NOT conform to one way of thinking

It seems that it is the younger folks that are under a tremendous pressure to conform
    especially considering the effects from social media
    why is "Influencer" a thing???
    because they are the ones you are supposed to listen to and believe, when you are told what to think, how to dress, how to act

I can understand that people that are under that type of pressure would also feel that that other groups would also

If you feel that the so called millennials don't conform to one general way of thinking
    then please do me the courtesy of not lumping all the boomers together either
    Last edited by GSUEYES; 14th January 2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Or the ones who live farther than an hour away and cant make it down on a friday afternoon in time to enjoy a scrimmage.
    Yep.

I’ll also be complaining about the lack of press and video.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

4. Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    not sure you have a good estimate of the ages of the people that post on here
    I am in the very last of the dates that define the boomer generation
    and I can tell you the majority of the folks that post here are younger than me
    so = NOT boomers

an aside, if you will allow me:

Yeah, its true, I'm really tired of the Boomer BS
    not necessarily on here but in general

lumping everyone together that's a certain age range and implying that they are the same is silly

the TRUTH is most of the boomer generation folks that I know are more likely to NOT conform to one way of thinking

It seems that it is the younger folks that are under a tremendous pressure to conform
    especially considering the effects from social media
    why is "Influencer" a thing???
    because they are the ones you are supposed to listen to and believe, when you are told what to think, how to dress, how to act

I can understand that people that are under that type of pressure would also feel that that other groups would also

If you feel that the so called millennials don't conform to one general way of thinking
    then please do me the courtesy of not lumping all the boomers together either

Haha! Don’t take it so harshly. But in all reality, boomers need a little ribbing these days since they’ve been hating on millennials for the last decade or so. Millennials just kind of got tired with it all and started giving them a dose of their own medicine.

I truly wasn’t being mean spirited. I was just having a little fun with people having such a hard time with a change. I think the change is kinda nice. I’ll actually be interested in going since it’s at night now.

Haha! Don’t take it so harshly. But in all reality, boomers need a little ribbing these days since they’ve been hating on millennials for the last decade or so. Millennials just kind of got tired with it all and started giving them a dose of their own medicine.

I truly wasn’t being mean spirited. I was just having a little fun with people having such a hard time with a change. I think the change is kinda nice. I’ll actually be interested in going since it’s at night now.
    I mentioned earlier on that I'm interested in seeing what the attendance was for the previous Friday night spring game we did under Monken compared to the ones before and after. I think we here a bunch of whining about it mostly because this is a message board and people will vent more here than in most other places. But other than a few posters on here that are mad about the change, how many other people even know that it has been changed or will care one way or another. We'll get what 3K? at the game if we're lucky regardless of when it is.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

no harm
    and it wasn't your comment specifically, just some things I've run across lately

but it may be partially that I AM getting to the "GET OFF MY LAWN" phase of life

I probably deserved a "Lighten Up, Francis" for that.

Now you’re pulling out the Boomer material. You’ll be quoting Animal House before too long.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

no harm
    and it wasn't your comment specifically, just some things I've run across lately

but it may be partially that I AM getting to the "GET OFF MY LAWN" phase of life

All I know is Garns puts the BOOM in boomer!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Now you’re pulling out the Boomer material. You’ll be quoting Animal House before too long.
    I was discussing with Co-Workers yesterday that we are employing people who were born after the movie Office Space came out...
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Saw a young patient the other day
    while discussing eye injuries I referenced
    Six Million Dollar Man and of course made the requisite eye focusing noise

he just stared at me
    that’s when I realized he had no idea and wasn’t even born when that was vogue

have since modified my reference material