TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Thread: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We complete maybe one out of 15 passes beyond 30 yards. Other teams ain’t even got to try and defend that. We defend ourselves.
    Does the data actually back this up? Serious question because my eyes told me quite the opposite.

Just from memory I can tell you that our short to mid level passing is laughable (and that's being nice). Our "drop back" passing game is almost nonexistent and about the only passes we DO complete are WIDE OPEN play action shots down the field.

I'd guess that we hit at least 50% of all play action passes thrown over 30 yards...just from memory. Would seriously like to see the stats if Klak maybe has them.

2. Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Does the data actually back this up? Serious question because my eyes told me quite the opposite.

Just from memory I can tell you that our short to mid level passing is laughable (and that's being nice). Our "drop back" passing game is almost nonexistent and about the only passes we DO complete are WIDE OPEN play action shots down the field.

I'd guess that we hit at least 50% of all play action passes thrown over 30 yards...just from memory. Would seriously like to see the stats if Klak maybe has them.
    I thought about doing passing charts but I decided that I should only care about our passing game as much as DeBesse does.

So I played video games instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I thought about doing passing charts but I decided that I should only care about our passing game as much as DeBesse does.

Keeping with your theme about caring as much as DeBeese does I’m assuming you played Techmo Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Oh dear lord please don’t get into passing stats with JCountry. He still can’t figure out how we averaged like 11 yards per completion when we only threw the ball 30+ yards downfield.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Oh dear lord please don’t get into passing stats with JCountry. He still can’t figure out how we averaged like 11 yards per completion when we only threw the ball 30+ yards downfield.
    you boys must be watching some other team.

Our deep ball is horrid.

May as well toss it up to the band. At least someone from our school might catch it.

6. Default Re: Spring Game- April 3 - FNL

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    you boys must be watching some other team.

Our deep ball is horrid.

May as well toss it up to the band. At least someone from our school might catch it.
    We are.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Keeping with your theme about caring as much as DeBeese does I’m assuming you played Techmo Bowl.

Maybe if Debesse had a Bo Jackson or Breida.....

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Maybe if Debesse had a Bo Jackson or Breida.....

Or a McKinnon button

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

Wise choice.

Spring Game will be on ESPN+ for those unable to take Friday off work.

https://gseagles.com/news/2020/2/26/...PnCjIlzxD4MaG0
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"