TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My HERO!!!!!

Default My HERO!!!!!

Garns is very happy, I just read Bobby Richardson will be guest speaker at Baseball Dinner on Feb 7th. Being a little guy up in NY, Bobby, NY second base man, #1 WAS MY IDOL. I cant wait. I met him in person when I was playing for GW, we played game at SC when Bobby was HC. I was throwing BP and my coach, Coach Brison called me off the mound to come over and meet Bobby in the SC dugout. Coach introduced me as "Bobby, this is our token Yankee on the team, he's a big fan of yours". Needless to say Garns was in heaven!

Default Re: My HERO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Garns is very happy, I just read Bobby Richardson will be guest speaker at Baseball Dinner on Feb 7th. Being a little guy up in NY, Bobby, NY second base man, #1 WAS MY IDOL. I cant wait. I met him in person when I was playing for GW, we played game at SC when Bobby was HC. I was throwing BP and my coach, Coach Brison called me off the mound to come over and meet Bobby in the SC dugout. Coach introduced me as "Bobby, this is our token Yankee on the team, he's a big fan of yours". Needless to say Garns was in heaven!
    Be sure to wear 2 pair of underwear and loose pants. You don't want to freak him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Be sure to wear 2 pair of underwear and loose pants. You don't want to freak him out.
    And some depends undergarments to soak up the pee

Looking forward to this event. Would encourage everyone to support Rodney and Baseball. Going to be a fun year!

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    wise guys on here, I'm telling yah, wise guys!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    And some depends undergarments to soak up the pee
    extra support size too!(another wise guy, smile)

7. Default Re: My HERO!!!!!

Back in the Ron Polk era there were some real battles with SC. Bobby had some nasty things to say about our program. He didn't handle getting beat by us very well. Kind of a crybaby. He didn't like some of our "eagle roost fanatics" antics. I bet if you ask him he will remember dead chickens and such. It was pretty easy to get under his skin. Did get to talk to him sometime later and he talked about it being a really hard place to play. I think in retrospect he thought it was kind of funny, but not at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Back in the Ron Polk era there were some real battles with SC. Bobby had some nasty things to say about our program. He didn't handle getting beat by us very well. Kind of a crybaby. He didn't like some of our "eagle roost fanatics" antics. I bet if you ask him he will remember dead chickens and such. It was pretty easy to get under his skin. Did get to talk to him sometime later and he talked about it being a really hard place to play. I think in retrospect he thought it was kind of funny, but not at the time.
    We need better student support across the board, and baseball is the best place to start. Noise at football and basketball games is great and probably helpful for the home team, but a few dozen solid hecklers at a baseball game can wreak havoc over a weekend series.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    We need better student support across the board, and baseball is the best place to start. Noise at football and basketball games is great and probably helpful for the home team, but a few dozen solid hecklers at a baseball game can wreak havoc over a weekend series.
    Plus 1.

I was there when we hung up dead chickens behind the USC dugout.
    Some of those students were merciless.
    Remember three guys who ran out on the infield when were playing uga. One was supposed to be Tony Dorset. The other two were in red jerseys. They kept falling down anytime they tried to tackle “Dorset”.
    Could do that today. But it was hilarious at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Plus 1.

I was there when we hung up dead chickens behind the USC dugout.
    Some of those students were merciless.
    Remember three guys who ran out on the infield when were playing uga. One was supposed to be Tony Dorset. The other two were in red jerseys. They kept falling down anytime they tried to tackle “Dorset”.
    Could do that today. But it was hilarious at the time.
    Eagleman in the 80's was a good one.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1