TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My HERO!!!!!

Default Re: My HERO!!!!!

During the 2009 season when we were murdering every pitch that got close to home plate, about a half dozen of my friends would set up shop beyond the fence in right-center with some beer in the back of a truck. They always tried being nice to the CF and RF first, but when a couple of the players wouldn't engage, it would turn into three straight days of ripping on the guy. There was one team (Wofford, maybe?) where the RF was a total @ss, but the CF was up for the trash talk and started getting on his own teammate.

One of my friends still loves to tell the story of a game where we hit a home run out to right field. Some little kid asked where the ball went and none of my friends had really paid attention, so they said they didn't know. The kid got upset and must have told his parents my friends were being mean, because soon a police officer went up to the truck. He said they had to leave, but one of my friends was like, "You know we've been here all day and you see the beer in the tailgate. There's no way I'm putting this key in the ignition."

The cop asked how they were getting home. I was doing P.A. for the game and was the designated driver and that's what they told the cop. So he decided to make them leave the beer and the truck and filed them into some seats down the first base line.

And that is the story of how half a dozen of my friends got thrown INTO a baseball game.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    During the 2009 season when we were murdering every pitch that got close to home plate, about a half dozen of my friends would set up shop beyond the fence in right-center with some beer in the back of a truck. They always tried being nice to the CF and RF first, but when a couple of the players wouldn't engage, it would turn into three straight days of ripping on the guy. There was one team (Wofford, maybe?) where the RF was a total @ss, but the CF was up for the trash talk and started getting on his own teammate.

One of my friends still loves to tell the story of a game where we hit a home run out to right field. Some little kid asked where the ball went and none of my friends had really paid attention, so they said they didn't know. The kid got upset and must have told his parents my friends were being mean, because soon a police officer went up to the truck. He said they had to leave, but one of my friends was like, "You know we've been here all day and you see the beer in the tailgate. There's no way I'm putting this key in the ignition."

The cop asked how they were getting home. I was doing P.A. for the game and was the designated driver and that's what they told the cop. So he decided to make them leave the beer and the truck and filed them into some seats down the first base line.

And that is the story of how half a dozen of my friends got thrown INTO a baseball game.
    lol. Priceless!

LOL! This is a fantastic story!!
    C/O 2009
    B.S. Mathematics
    I sometimes record myself talking about Georgia Southern football.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Garns is very happy, I just read Bobby Richardson will be guest speaker at Baseball Dinner on Feb 7th. Being a little guy up in NY, Bobby, NY second base man, #1 WAS MY IDOL. I cant wait. I met him in person when I was playing for GW, we played game at SC when Bobby was HC. I was throwing BP and my coach, Coach Brison called me off the mound to come over and meet Bobby in the SC dugout. Coach introduced me as "Bobby, this is our token Yankee on the team, he's a big fan of yours". Needless to say Garns was in heaven!
    You could do your dance.... Turn Down for What?

This whole story was framed with that tagline at the end in mind wasn't it?

Great story.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    This whole story was framed with that tagline at the end in mind wasn't it?

Great story.
    When you tell a story for 11 years, you know how to hit the high notes.

I was also technically thrown into the VIP box at a game in 2007, but certain mitigating factors of that story make it much tougher to recall.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

When you tell a story for 11 years, you know how to hit the high notes.

I was also technically thrown into the VIP box at a game in 2007, but certain mitigating factors of that story make it much tougher to recall.
    Good thing I remember the 2007 story, since I was your driver. We'll let that one stay off of public forums, ha!

It is my sincere hope that all Eagle students meet friends who love Eagle Athletics and go have the times of their lives like so many of us did.