TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: MBB vs Little Rock

  1. #41

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    pretty much like it is year in and year out. Wish we are proven wrong Walt. I'm afraid untill CB can start recruiting a couple "double/double" type guys, we will remain guard oriented and keep falling short.
    I agree, and looking at our roster as it currently stands for next year, well.......yikes!

  2. #42

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    I agree, and looking at our roster as it currently stands for next year, well.......yikes!
    I'm sure the coaches will bring in a couple bigs but our bigs next season will have 0 minutes of GSU playing experience starting the season. But on the bright side we have two impact guards coming in for next season.

    Garns their big guy could move and run.......he wasn't a thick guy, but had plenty of size and length and could knock down the mid range shot. He is the type big that could work in our system.

  3. #43

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    That big should have fouled out. The guy was on the back and over the back all night. One key moment he knocked DLJ down as DLJ was securing a rebound but no call. Danny said the guy usually has a lot of fouls but last night didn’t get his first until the end of the game and he played all 40 minutes. He’s a heck of a player but if the officials in this league are going to let him play like that then nobody in our conference can challenge them. But, we know their time is coming. The calls and balls will not keep bouncing their way like they have. They are good but not head and shoulders above everybody else. I guess we will see.

  4. #44

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That big should have fouled out. The guy was on the back and over the back all night. One key moment he knocked DLJ down as DLJ was securing a rebound but no call. Danny said the guy usually has a lot of fouls but last night didn’t get his first until the end of the game and he played all 40 minutes. He’s a heck of a player but if the officials in this league are going to let him play like that then nobody in our conference can challenge them. But, we know their time is coming. The calls and balls will not keep bouncing their way like they have. They are good but not head and shoulders above everybody else. I guess we will see.
    That is what is fun about the SB, "fun belt". No one team is that good. Right now Little Rock is the team to beat but in two weeks it could be someone else. ULL goes in to App and wins, Gag, like us gets beat. As in the majority of SB seasons, it comes down to Tourney(like it or not). So you play for seeds, hope your hot and healthy the last week.

  5. #45

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Last nightís loss didnít bother me as bad as others. We were playing our third game in five days after all the travel and had a shot to win at the end. The guys looked like it was taking everything in them. There were several times on defense they looked a step or two behind. They also couldnít catch a break. Every shot that rolled around our rim rolled out and all theirs rolled in.

  6. Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Last nightís loss didnít bother me as bad as others. We were playing our third game in five days after all the travel and had a shot to win at the end. The guys looked like it was taking everything in them. There were several times on defense they looked a step or two behind. They also couldnít catch a break. Every shot that rolled around our rim rolled out and all theirs rolled in.
    Honestly, I only hate this loss because we choked in Boone, first. For much of the reasons you mentioned, I would have felt much better about losing this one if we won the first 2 games of the road trip.

  7. #47

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Next week we have 2 home games vs teams, on paper we should fairly easily beat. We will see.

  8. #48

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    We are not using our press defense like we did earlier in the season. A fatigue factor? When we did, resulted in a lot of turnovers.
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

  9. #49

    Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I'm sure the coaches will bring in a couple bigs but our bigs next season will have 0 minutes of GSU playing experience starting the season. But on the bright side we have two impact guards coming in for next season.

    Garns their big guy could move and run.......he wasn't a thick guy, but had plenty of size and length and could knock down the mid range shot. He is the type big that could work in our system.
    I hope that you’re right about bringing “in a couple of bigs”. I also hope that they’re ready to play immediately, though that hasn’t been our m. o.

  10. Default Re: MBB vs Little Rock

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    That is what is fun about the SB, "fun belt". No one team is that good. Right now Little Rock is the team to beat but in two weeks it could be someone else. ULL goes in to App and wins, Gag, like us gets beat. As in the majority of SB seasons, it comes down to Tourney(like it or not). So you play for seeds, hope your hot and healthy the last week.
    This sums up the situation perfectly. In the Sun Belt, the regular season is for seeding only in reality. We have two losses so far. The App loss came due to really poor free throw shooting. The loss last night was due in large part to size differential and, potentially, road fatigue. I will be present in my seat on Thursday hoping to see a win. To expect CB to coach differently than he has would be foolish. He has been successful as our head coach, and I expect him to continue to do so, with or without "bigs".

Similar Threads

  1. MBB - Little Rock
    By SlickEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 1st March 2019, 10:55 PM
  2. Little Rock Series
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11th April 2018, 12:45 PM
  3. App gives up 55 to Liberty at the Rock...
    By blueballs in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 18th May 2017, 08:52 PM
  4. Another Crack in The Rock?
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27th January 2010, 12:43 PM
  5. For those about to rock....
    By gataman in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15th October 2008, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •