TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for New AD.....

1. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It also helps that Wake is down the road from them. Our nearest P5 is UGA (not playing at any G5 team) and Tech (only plays at G5 teams in big markets outside Atlanta). Wake's closer to them than

I really can't wait for the new AD to start work so people can see I and other like-minded people are right about TK not being the reason we don't get P5 home and homes.
    FWIW the closest P5 to us is actually South Carolina which is up for a home-home with App right now. Although, I doubt we get a return call while Muschamp is coaching there.

After that the next three closest are UGA, Clemson, and Tech. None of whom will do a home-home with us in our lifetimes.

Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Very true. What we offer schools like Boise St, BYU, and Houston is a chance to play a game right in the middle of one of the areas they recruit the heaviest. Schools like UCF and USF that I’m sure we’d love to play are already in the same area which negates the main benefit of scheduling us.
    But because they are not already on the schedule has to mean that we haven't called them and asked them, right? That's all it takes is for our AD to call, right? Don't they know who we are????
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

FWIW the closest P5 to us is actually South Carolina which is up for a home-home with App right now. Although, I doubt we get a return call while Muschamp is coaching there.

After that the next three closest are UGA, Clemson, and Tech. None of whom will do a home-home with us in our lifetimes.
    South Carolina is a 2 for 1 with Appy.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    South Carolina is a 2 for 1 with Appy.

And i'd be fine with that as long as our fans donate the $3M we miss out from playing 2 money games.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    And i'd be fine with that as long as our fans donate the $3M we miss out from playing 2 money games.
    Pretty much. As well as not whining those two years about having less home games to go to, or whining about two losses to P5's those years because we double up to make P5 games to at least some money.

6. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Very true. What we offer schools like Boise St, BYU, and Houston is a chance to play a game right in the middle of one of the areas they recruit the heaviest. Schools like UCF and USF that Iím sure weíd love to play are already in the same area which negates the main benefit of scheduling us.
    I donít pretend to know the recruiting habits of Boise, BYU and Houston, but I really doubt they recruit Georgia the heaviest.

7. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I don’t pretend to know the recruiting habits of Boise, BYU and Houston, but I really doubt they recruit Georgia the heaviest.
    Poor phrasing on my part. I mostly just meant that Georgia and Florida combined produce the most D1 football players in the country and we just happen to be located smack dab in the middle.

Boise gets a majority of their roster from California (based on what I've seen in the past on a TV report on them). So GA/FL isn't really needed for them for recruiting. The per capital is higher here but CA signs more D1 recruits than any state.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Get Rutgers or Tenple.

Is it too late to sub Rutgers. Like really, really, pretty please??

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I would love for the new AD to be able to do what TK did when he first got to Statesboro with regards to Paulson Stadium. Itís not so much a capacity issue, but something must, must, must be done with the press box side of the stadium. I have some OCD and itís more an aesthetics issue than anything. I know itís complicated and starts with funding so Iím not complaining, just stating what I would like to see with the next AD. Also more permanent seating in front of Bishop.

Idea: Tear down current press box/suites. Build a much larger/nicer press box/suites that extend from field house to field house, keeping the hills and not adding any actual seats. Hereís the rub...the press box/suites are attached to a new student dormitory so all the funds wonít have to come from athletics
    Last edited by progressiveEAGLE24; 13th January 2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Idea