TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for New AD.....

1. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Im asking what could have been done differently that would be fair for both programs?
    I believe so.

We find the right AD, and we will see how differently

2. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Appy was ranked playing a weak schedule, their SOS was near 100 I believe. Playing better teams doesn't do us any good as we ended up 7-6 and they went 12-1.
    Very true.

We don’t get much respect for playing a hard schedule.

It will be interesting to see how App fares with all their coaching and administrative turnover. Their luck has to run out sooner or later.

3. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Appy was ranked playing a weak schedule, their SOS was near 100 I believe. Playing better teams doesn't do us any good as we ended up 7-6 and they went 12-1.
    Yes, App won, which is key, but they were ranked primarily because of their performance against P5's. They wouldn't have been ranked if they lost to UNC & USC and they certainly weren't ranked 6 games into last year because they beat Charlotte & USA- its because they went to OT with Penn State. P5 games shouldn't condemn us, they should benefit us, we just need to schedule the right ones and show up to play.

4. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yes, App won, which is key, but they were ranked primarily because of their performance against P5's. They wouldn't have been ranked if they lost to UNC & USC and they certainly weren't ranked last year because they beat Charlotte & USA- its because they went to OT with Penn State. P5 games shouldn't condemn us, they should benefit us, we just need to schedule the right ones and show up to play.
    Well said.

We would have had a good shot against Tenn and SC last season. A decent shot against NC.

We need to stop playing top 10 teams every season. Aim for middle of the pack.

The payout is not worth the downside. Just get a smaller payout from a mid-tier P5 and have a legit shot at a win. I sure don't see Aap scheduling any top 10s.

Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Problem is these games are made 5 years in advance or sometimes more. Last year Ole Miss was 4-8 but they hired Kiffin so I expect them to be much better than that had they held out to the previous coach. We caught FL on a down year (5-7), when we played UGAG I seem to recall struggled on offense that season or at least QB play. We played Indiana 5-7 that year, not exactly world beaters.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

basically we have to schedule who will agree to play us. We all know we need a $$ game to help the budget. If we don't have enough mid-tier P5s willing to poney up the right amount of cash to play us then we have to get the Bama's, Clemson's, LSU's, etc on the schedule. For the most part the upper-tier have been historically the only ones that would play us with a few exceptions (Oregon St, Colo St, etc). We have been able to get a few of the more winnable games (Ole Miss, Indiana, Minn) lately but have hit the perfect storm of bad luck with those. Indiana and Ole Miss were CTS years if I remember right and we got Minn on the first year they decided to actually have a good team in decades.

No one on here knows anything about why TN, UNC, SC, Vndy, etc are not willing to get us on their schedules. We aren't in on the conversations, so anything that we could come up with would just be guesses anyway. But with our luck, the one year they finally do agree to it will be the year they go to the CFP.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    basically we have to schedule who will agree to play us. We all know we need a $$ game to help the budget. If we don't have enough mid-tier P5s willing to poney up the right amount of cash to play us then we have to get the Bama's, Clemson's, LSU's, etc on the schedule. For the most part the upper-tier have been historically the only ones that would play us with a few exceptions (Oregon St, Colo St, etc). We have been able to get a few of the more winnable games (Ole Miss, Indiana, Minn) lately but have hit the perfect storm of bad luck with those. Indiana and Ole Miss were CTS years if I remember right and we got Minn on the first year they decided to actually have a good team in decades.

No one on here knows anything about why TN, UNC, SC, Vndy, etc are not willing to get us on their schedules. We aren't in on the conversations, so anything that we could come up with would just be guesses anyway. But with our luck, the one year they finally do agree to it will be the year they go to the CFP.
    String of bad luck has to break eventually.

5 winnable P5 games where we led inside 2:00.

Amazing we somehow lost all those.

I guess ADs aren’t idiots. They know we are very dangerous in a good year.

(I still don’t think we should have agreed to an LSU reschedule. Too bad we didn’t play them when they inhale vigorouslyed.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

(I still don’t think we should have agreed to an LSU reschedule. Too bad we didn’t play them when they inhale vigorouslyed.)
    We did it for the money and for the exciting trip to Baton Rouge for our team and fans. IMO, from a winning and losing standpoint LSU was no different than a trip to Auburn or Clemson or the majority of the others. The chances are slim almost anywhere we go for a $$ game. But it was a helluva fun trip. I doubt we got current money for it since it was rescheduled so many times and was set up so long ago, but I would not have traded it. Even when they inhale vigorouslyed as you put it, which is all relative, the chance of winning was maybe 10%.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Tell me why we shouldn't have?

Do you realize that the last reschedule is what gave us the game with UGA in 2015?

10. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    We did it for the money and for the exciting trip to Baton Rouge for our team and fans. IMO, from a winning and losing standpoint LSU was no different than a trip to Auburn or Clemson or the majority of the others. The chances are slim almost anywhere we go for a $$ game. But it was a helluva fun trip. I doubt we got current money for it since it was rescheduled so many times and was set up so long ago, but I would not have traded it. Even when they inhale vigorouslyed as you put it, which is all relative, the chance of winning was maybe 10%.
    Troy beat LSU.....

But that was a TS year for us, so it's doubtful we would have....