TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

Default Re: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

I love the part of our fan base that when anytime there is a head coach or AD vacancy, their immediate picks for a new HC include any former GS player, and AD includes any former GS coach. haha

PJ calling Dan Cathy

DC
    Hello, Paul. great to hear about you getting the AD job at Georgia Southern

PJ
    Thanks. You gonna give us some money or not?

DC
    well, we would need to do our due diligence, consult with our board of directors and make sure it would be the appropriate way to invest our capital.

PJ
    Ok, get back to me when you grow up and start making real decisions in Daddy’s company.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Nah. PJ is a rich guy and has been one for some time.

He definitely knows how to get along with other rich guys.

Especially if they're SMART rich guys.

Plus, don't underestimate his experience dealing with the brass when he was at the Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I love the part of our fan base that when anytime there is a head coach or AD vacancy, their immediate picks for a new HC include any former GS player, and AD includes any former GS coach. haha
    Aren't you the guy that named your kid after a coach ?

Haha! Good grief.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    PJ calling Dan Cathy

DC
    Hello, Paul. great to hear about you getting the AD job at Georgia Southern

PJ
    Thanks. You gonna give us some money or not?

DC
    well, we would need to do our due diligence, consult with our board of directors and make sure it would be the appropriate way to invest our capital.

PJ
    Ok, get back to me when you grow up and start making real decisions in Daddy’s company.
    Haha, this reminds me of a couple of my favorite PJ quotes on the old call in shows:

HOST: Coach, Jim is writing in to ask why don't you play "player X" more?
    PJ: Tell Jim when he gets this job, he can play "player X" as much as he wants.

HOST: Coach, Steve wants to know what do you think about college football coaches' salaries being so high when the economy is in the shape it's in?
    PJ: Tell Steve he chose the wrong profession.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    He also lives in the NC mountains and is retired. Yea he does some consulting on the side but that's just a few days here and there. Not a full time gig that requires 60-90 hour weeks. He also has like $15M in the bank vs when he made that comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    PJ thinking. Do I want to play golf five days a week. Play with my grandkids.
    Or do I the 24/7 hassle of being an AD.
    Hum. I think I’ll pass v
    Both of you have valid responses. As many of you know many Head Coaches have a fire in their blood along with many athletes that drive them to keep on seeking to live that life.
    Erk turn the resigned as GSC Head Coach because he wanted to retire, spend some time with, family, friends and do what he wanted to do for himself.

While PJ is still young enough, if he invested well for retirement, I think it would over ride the Athletic Directors job at ANT University. If He was offered a 40 hour a week as an assistant football director, with the exception of recruiting time, he might consider that. Still I think he is probably living the good life at this time.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I can’t see it.

At all. PJ is most definitely NOT a schmoozer or politician. I don’t think he has a political molecule in his body.

I like the idea of PJ calling the jerk SB commissioner up and laying it out for him, but in terms of pretty much every other aspect of the job, he would be a liability.

First game where DeBeese plays this “feeling out” paddy cake, I absolutely guarantee PJ would march up to that booth and beat him about the head and shoulders.

Yeah, PJ wouldn’t be a good AD. Would make about as much sense as R Lee Ermy the therapist.

TALON - I would have to agree. PJ was usually thought of as a porcupine when confronted or he had his mind set!

WALT States -

Haha, this reminds me of a couple of my favorite PJ quotes on the old call in shows:

HOST: Coach, Steve wants to know what do you think about college football coaches' salaries being so high when the economy is in the shape it's in?
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I would have to agree. PJ was usually thought of as a porcupine when confronted or he had his mind set!

WALT States -

PJ did not suffer fools lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    PJ did not suffer fools lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Daaaayuuum!

I’m pretty sure those callers got Mossed!
    VERY TRUE!