TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

1. Default Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

I would love for him to come back to Southern. The reason I created this thread was for fun, but didn't he mention that he would do this under the right circumstances- in the past?

Default Re: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

I think the business of college athletics has grown so much you need somebody with more administrative experience in that position.

PJ thinking. Do I want to play golf five days a week. Play with my grandkids.
    Or do I the 24/7 hassle of being an AD.
    Hum. I think I’ll pass v

He also lives in the NC mountains and is retired. Yea he does some consulting on the side but that's just a few days here and there. Not a full time gig that requires 60-90 hour weeks. He also has like $15M in the bank vs when he made that comment.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

No, thank you. We can do better.

6. Default Re: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

I know you said for fun, but for those that want Paul Johnson for AD, tell us why. And it has to be more than "he will bring the flex back to Statesboro."

I'd prefer we run a DI athletics department like a DI athletics department and not like a high school.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by outlandeagle View Post
    I would love for him to come back to Southern. The reason I created this thread was for fun, but didn't he mention that he would do this under the right circumstances- in the past?
    No and no. I really like PJ but he would be the worst AD and he knows it and would never want to do it. Why would anyone think he would be a good AD? He's the opposite of a "people person."

9. Default Re: Paul Johnson for Athletic Director

Bring Back SAM BAKER!

*chuckles to self

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    I know you said for fun, but for those that want Paul Johnson for AD, tell us why. And it has to be more than "he will bring the flex back to Statesboro."
    Loved pj as a coach, his style, didnt give a crap about the media and didnt play games. But for athletic director no no, not the right choice for all reasons mentioned above as to why I liked him as a coach. As AD you have to play some games, I'll scratch your back on this and you throw me a bone later on etc.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982