TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Kleinlein Out!

1. Default Re: Kleinlein Out!

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I’ve seen some overreactions from this fan base before, but this might take the cake on all of it. She’s the only person on staff who has been an athletic director, why wouldn’t she be the interim?
    True

She is entirely appropriate as interim.

But I do hope we find someone with broader experience as the replacement. I dont think she is ready yet.

Default Re: Kleinlein Out!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    True

She is entirely appropriate as interim.

But I do hope we find someone with broader experience as the replacement. I dont think she is ready yet.
    I think she's entirely prepared and able to stay the course.

But that's my issue. GS needs to hit the gas instead of sticking to the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post

But that's my issue. GS needs to hit the gas instead of sticking to the speed limit.
    THIS!

I could see for political reasons how she could be one of the search committee’s five finalists. The names are them submitted to the BOR.

Interestingly, you don’t hear about how many millions of dollars Armstrong’s athletic department was in debt at the time of the merger. I understand our athletic department will never see a penny of the Savannah campus students’ athletic fees until that debt is retired. Perhaps some folks on here are familiar with what I’m talking about.
    Last edited by birdseye; 8th January 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post

Exactly CC

Keep the arrow moving upwards in ALL sports. Push the envelope in as many areas as is possible.
    Last edited by eagle95; 8th January 2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I could see for political reasons how she could be one of the search committee’s five finalists. The names are them submitted to the BOR.

Interestingly, you don’t hear about how many millions of dollars Armstrong’s athletic department was in debt at the time of the merger. I understand our athletic department will never see a penny of the Savannah campus students’ athletic fees until that debt is retired. Perhaps some folks on here are familiar with what I’m talking about.
    Rumor around campus is that Armstrong as a whole had tons of debt. One of the reasons (along with declining enrollment) Georgia Southern no longer has money to spend. I was not yet aware that their athletics department was also significantly in the red.

My understanding is that Armstrong was failing financially and there was no recovery in sight. This was a major reason we merged...am I understanding the situation properly?

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    Rumor around campus is that Armstrong as a whole had tons of debt. One of the reasons (along with declining enrollment) Georgia Southern no longer has money to spend. I was not yet aware that their athletics department was also significantly in the red.

My understanding is that Armstrong was failing financially and there was no recovery in sight. This was a major reason we merged...am I understanding the situation properly?
    Also what I heard from some people with boots on the ground, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You and I differ sometime, but not on this. I am convinced the bor will have a strong say in the decision and believe it will come down like u say. I believe their intent is to de-emphasize football. Hope I'm wrong, but just not sure our new president is really in control. Thoughts?
    Why would the BOR have ANYTHING to do with an AD hire?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I mean, if we wanted to budget more money for AD salary then wouldn't they potentially be involved for that?

I'm not saying they'll send a notice down from on high about what we should do, but I could see them being involved at some point.

10. Default Re: Kleinlein Out!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Micro management of all things GS. Don't want an aggressive AD nor an aggressive athletic program.