TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NAVY vs K- State at half time

Default Re: NAVY vs K- State at half time

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    PLEASE TELL US THE RULES THAT WOULD HAMPER THE FLEX!!!!!

I only know of 2 and 1 of those doesn't matter.

If I knew the answer then I wouldn’t have asked the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Serious question...how many pages of that playbook would have to be ripped up because of rules changes since 1985?
    I really don't have the answer to that question, half-n-half. I do know some blocking adjustments would have to be made and have been made by teams running option schemes today. As to "how many pages of that playbook would have to be ripped up because of rule changes since 1985", I really wish I knew too. Hopefully, somebody will know and let us both know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    If I knew the answer then I wouldn’t have asked the question.
    OK, then I'll just go with 2. You can't cut block 5 yards past the LOS & the slots cant line up outside the tackles.

(3) Teams should not compline about cut blocking or being beaten by Flex Option team, during the game without a 10 yard penalty.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    I do know some blocking adjustments would have to be made and have been made by teams running option schemes today. .
    You mean like the 3 Flex Option teams run by the Academies.
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

I think there are several changes and pretty significant changes. It seems some are specific to what the slots could do but I just do not remember all the specific rule changes since 1987.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I think there are several changes and pretty significant changes. It seems some are specific to what the slots could do but I just do not remember all the specific rule changes since 1987.
    OK, then I'll just go with 2. You can't cut block 5 yards past the LOS & the slots cant line up outside the tackles.

The slots or wideouts cant cut block 5 yards past the LOS.

If you watched the AF & NAVY games they overcame those problems & any other rules that would hamper the Flex.

7. Default Re: NAVY vs K- State at half time

The slots or wideouts cant cut block 5 yards past the LOS.

If you watched the AF & NAVY games they overcame those problems & any other rules that would hamper the Flex.
    I need some more explanation for this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I need some more explanation for this part.
    I think he misstated the rule's intent. New rules don't allow what would be A-backs (lining up outside the tight ends) performing crack-back blocks on the DE or the moving outside linebackers if they are approached from the blind side. What are prohibited are blind side blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I think he misstated the rule's intent. New rules don't allow what would be A-backs (lining up outside the tight ends) performing crack-back blocks on the DE or the moving outside linebackers if they are approached from the blind side. What are prohibited are blind side blocks.

****Klak - see Pete's explanation of slots and Tackles on next page.

This is still the bottom line.
    ***Still for the 3 years previous to 2019 Army went to and won 3 bowls, Navy had 2 off years but has been to 11 bowls winning 6 and AF did well this year. All of which shows that these 3 FLEX option teams have handled the rules changes.

*(As you can see by the 2019 offensive plays vs Tulsa it does show what Tailgate was talking about. The Slot is in his standard position inside the Tightend.)*
    Still if you look at the Slot Backs seem to split there stance between the tackles outside leg or have a foot inside the tackles outside foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHe0q7RIdtc

If I misled anyone then I apologies & thanks to Tailgating Fool

AS you can see by the 2019 offensive plays vs Tulsa it does show what Tailgate was talking about. The Slot is in his standard position inside the Tightend.
    Still if you look at the Slot Backs seem to split there stance between the tackles outside leg or have a foot inside the tackles outside foot. Still I thought I remember in the old days the slot being a foot outside of the tackles. I'm probably wrong but Tailgating Fool has to be right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHe0q7RIdtc
    After 2002 (?) the NCAA changed how players lined up outside the tackles can block. Basically, all of our A-Back blocking techniques were made illegal if the A-Back was lined up outside the tackle.

We had to move the A-Backs in tighter and abandon a lot of the formations in which our A-Backs were in the slot.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops