TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NAVY vs K- State at half time

Default Re: NAVY vs K- State at half time

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I'm not trying to piss you off Half. We just view things differently & are debating the wordiness of the Flex.

I donít know why I keep beating my head against the wall but what not...YOU ARENíT GETTING IT. No we arenít viewing things differently or debating the wordiness of the flex because IíM NOT EVEN DEBATING ANYTHING.

I simply asked how much of the 85 playbook could be used in college football today. Thatís it. Itís really that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I don’t know why I keep beating my head against the wall but what not...YOU AREN’T GETTING IT. No we aren’t viewing things differently or debating the wordiness of the flex because I’M NOT EVEN DEBATING ANYTHING.

I simply asked how much of the 85 playbook could be used in college football today. That’s it. It’s really that simple.
    OK since neither of us have seen the 1985-89 GSC playbook we cant make an argument one way or another, but I think Pete hit the nail on the head.

PETE - The 1985 playbook is not particularly relevant in 2020.
    Why not use the playbook as it’s been updated to attack today’s defenses? Air Force and Navy combined to win 22 games in 2019.

Still these teams have adapted well to the rule changes running the Flex.

The Flexbone dominance at the FBS, FCS, and Division-2 level continues."

In the FBS…
    11-2 with bowl win
    The head coach, offensive coordinator, and most of the offensive staff worked under Paul Johnson.

In the FCS…
    Kennesaw State is 6-1 in oct. and 37-8 in the last four years (they’ve had varsity football for five seasons).
    Their head coach, Brian Bohannon, worked for years under Paul Johnson.

In Division-2…
    Lenoir-Rhyne is 7-0, in Oct., and 19-2 in the last two years (they were 3-7 and running the Spread in 2017).
    Their offensive coordinator, Bob Bodine worked under Paul Johnson.

Air Force 11-2 with bowl win
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

All of the playbook could be used.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

[QUOTE=GIEAGLE;1004860]Again, the 1985 offensive playbook would do very well at Georgia Southern with a coaching staff that knew how to coach it and recruit for it. Sure would be fun to see "The Georgia Power Company" in action again.

southgeorgia - "All of the playbook could be used."

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I don’t know why I keep beating my head against the wall but what not...YOU AREN’T GETTING IT. No we aren’t viewing things differently or debating the wordiness of the flex because I’M NOT EVEN DEBATING ANYTHING.
    I simply asked how much of the 85 playbook could be used in college football today. That’s it. It’s really that simple.
    TALON - The simple answer is that IMO most could be used even with some adaptations because of rule changes as Navy, Airforce, Army and Kennesaw State & others have done!

You really need to focus on other posts brought about by other posters.

Right. The entire playbook could be used. This ain't in the too hard box. You simply can't block the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Right. The entire playbook could be used. This ain't in the too hard box. You simply can't block the same way.
    Exactly. Same plays with different occasional blocking techniques.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Half you also need to ask BUZZ.

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    Exactly. Same plays with different occasional blocking techniques.

Hail southern

Then it’s not the same.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Again....if you can’t block the same way then it can’t be used. It can be modified and then used but not used as it was in 1985. To quote you “this ain’t in the too hard box”.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    OK since neither of us have seen the 1985-89 GSC playbook we cant make an argument one way or another

What you can’t seem to get through your mind is that I’M NOT TRYING TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. I posed my question after somebody said the 1985 offense would do well out of curiosity of how much of that playbook we could run. My guess is there are some plays that we could run exactly as they were designed in 1985 and some we cannot. What % of each is what I have no clue about.

At absolutely NO POINT have I argued against you or Pete or anybody else that the flexbone of today can’t be successful when well coached.