TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What offense do you prefer Georgia Southern to run?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flexbone only

12 15.38%
  • Flexbone preferred but other option offenses are fine

30 38.46%
  • Option, but not the flexbone

10 12.82%
  • Any offense is fine

23 29.49%
  • Run-heavy but not option-based

3 3.85%
  • Pass heavy

0 0%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone Opinions

Default Re: Flexbone Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    I love Flex, but I love winning more, so whatever offense does that.
    THIS!!

Just Win, BABY!!

I’d like to see us ultimately in some form of heavy spread with TE/H Backs and running power/counter and sprinkle in some option. A lot of what App ran under Satterfield.

Is it possible to run the Flex high tempo, has anyone ever done it? Think it would be fun to watch.

Is it possible to run the Flex high tempo, has anyone ever done it? Think it would be fun to watch.
    Hurry up no huddle flex bone with a legit passing attack. Good luck defending that.

Part of the reason why I think no one has done uptempo flex is because PJ always called in the plays by subbing.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

5. Default Re: Flexbone Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I've been here since we restarted football and couldn't care less whether we run option football or not. The inability to throw the ball effectively is what's holding us back on offense. Balance up some and we will be amazed at how effective our run game will become. We make it much more difficult when we are in effect a run only team, but when we continually bring in QB's that can't throw that's what happens.

BTW, I don't know who all these people are that everyone on here says are flex only people. Everyone I know just wants to win. The vast majority of people that were here at the beginning are to old to care or have passed away.
    There are a certain number of people who think anytime we put the ball in the air is some type of failure.

I don’t think they are all that numerous, but they are very vocal.

I have never understood that mindset.

It’s kind of unique to ever win a game without throwing the ball. We have done it in some big games, so have other ‘option’ teams. But it doesn’t award any special prizes.

At the end of the day, what matters is a win. I only see us doing that if we develop a better pass capability. We simply play teams now which are too well versed in defending a ground-only game.

Give us 15-20 passes per game with a reasonable completion percentage and stand back!

Love the option but I'm not married to it. Give me whatever wins us games

I guess I’m just nostalgic, but I love watching the Johnson-Monken style offense
    I liked Fritz' offense too, so I’m ok with ether and think we can win with either
    but I like watching the TO

I think if we get back to recruiting speed and not concentrate on size we would do better
    but just MHO
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I love Flex, but I love winning more, so whatever offense does that.
    This. I understand that it’s a huge part of our history, but it doesn’t mean we have to run it. Not a single G5 access bowl contender runs it, and they’re doing just fine. We didn’t run it in 2014 and 2015 and we did just fine.

9. Default Re: Flexbone Opinions

I prefer the option from shotgun/pistol, but honestly if we went to a all out spread passing attack it would be okay if we won with it. But for tradition sake, I’d prefer to stick with some type of option attack, but I think the way modern football has gone, you can’t just stick with the same ol same ol. There has to be a lot of misdirection and short passing mixed in if we keep option football.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I've been here since we restarted football and couldn't care less whether we run option football or not. The inability to throw the ball effectively is what's holding us back on offense. Balance up some and we will be amazed at how effective our run game will become. We make it much more difficult when we are in effect a run only team, but when we continually bring in QB's that can't throw that's what happens.

BTW, I don't know who all these people are that everyone on here says are flex only people. Everyone I know just wants to win. The vast majority of people that were here at the beginning are to old to care or have passed away.
    I was here at the beginning and I aint't dead yet (sorry folks).

You all know how I feel.

Get back under center and run what made us great.

Oh.....and you can pass effectively from it too...….just ask Tracy or Greg...….or Raymond
    Last edited by Geecheeriverambler; 29th December 2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: omitted word