TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

  1. #21

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Originally Posted by Buzz Killington
    Our fans think every coach is trash (even the good ones)

    Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    Somehow people still think a coach who won the sunbelt his first year, then took UGA to overtime and won a bowl game the next year and ended with a 9 win season is trash.
    Let's not forget "people" and "fans" might consist of 2 or 3 obnoxious posters.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,749

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    WF non-preparation for Ga St. cost that game when we had a chance to pound that program into irrelevance, I hold that against him more than the rest, $$$ I understand, looking after his coaches I understand, I guess my biggest gripe is that he lost his professionalism with that lack of preparation and let his team down. I really wanted him to stick around and retire...
    you do realize that the players had a lot to do with the "non-preparation" and lack of execution too right? NO ONE took them seriously and they came out and whipped our fannies.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  3. Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    you do realize that the players had a lot to do with the "non-preparation" and lack of execution too right? NO ONE took them seriously and they came out and whipped our fannies.

    Nope.

    That explanation is total BS.

    Sav state would have beat us the next season (or any game) if some ****ing hoarse carpetbagging scarecrow had walked over and handed them our playbook-and signals.

    That gag team was horrible. No way on earth they won that game in any legit manner.

    I call shenanigans.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,749

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Nope.

    That explanation is total BS.

    Sav state would have beat us the next season (or any game) if some ****ing hoarse carpetbagging scarecrow had walked over and handed them our playbook-and signals.

    That gag team was horrible. No way on earth they won that game in any legit manner.

    I call shenanigans.
    again you let your hatred and conspiracy theories over rule the real facts in the situation.

    I'll give you this.....at least you're consistent.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  5. #25

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Nope.

    That explanation is total BS.

    Sav state would have beat us the next season (or any game) if some ****ing hoarse carpetbagging scarecrow had walked over and handed them our playbook-and signals.

    That gag team was horrible. No way on earth they won that game in any legit manner.

    I call shenanigans.
    That was their 6th win so calling them Savannah state level is hyperbole at best.

    I applaud you for your hatred of them. Although I hope you aren’t losing sleep over it. It’s not that serious.

  6. Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    Somehow people still think a coach who won the sunbelt his first year, then took UGA to overtime and won a bowl game the next year and ended with a 9 win season is trash.

    Don't think he is trash. But he's not half the coach PJ or Monken is.

    And like another poster said. He didn't win a bowl game here, either.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    17,845

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Don't think he is trash. But he's not half the coach PJ or Monken is.

    And like another poster said. He didn't win a bowl game here, either.
    I'm no fan of Fritz personally, but he's 2-0 against Monken head to head, including a win against his 10-3 Army team. To say he isn't half the coach Monken is, is a bit of a stretch.

  8. #28

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Don't think he is trash. But he's not half the coach PJ or Monken is.

    And like another poster said. He didn't win a bowl game here, either.
    Lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  9. #29

    Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Don't think he is trash. But he's not half the coach PJ or Monken is.

    And like another poster said. He didn't win a bowl game here, either.
    There's basically no way to support Monken being a better coach

  10. Default Re: A look back at fan angst from the Monken years...

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    That was their 6th win so calling them Savannah state level is hyperbole at best.

    I applaud you for your hatred of them. Although I hope you aren’t losing sleep over it. It’s not that serious.
    I call them a trash team, because they were.

    This wasn’t the 2019 Gag.

    This was the perennial Gag of complete dumpster fire tradition.

    Did they not fire that coach?

    ( -yeah. They were awesome.)

    Stop it with revisionist history. They were crap.

Similar Threads

  1. If GSU football did go back to 10 years ago
    By gataeagles7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th October 2011, 01:11 PM
  2. Monken kin back to college football
    By VAEAGLE in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 04:20 PM
  3. Welcome Back Coach Monken
    By EaglePA-C in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 3rd December 2009, 08:45 PM
  4. Hope the TO sets GSU back 10 years!
    By cjak eagles in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th November 2009, 11:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •