TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBesse and Sloan to Return for 2020

Default Re: DeBesse and Sloan to Return for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    Anyone have an updated list of flexboners on this board? These guys were really quiet when the Flexbone wasn't doing so well
    When was that?

2. Default Re: DeBesse and Sloan to Return for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by GSU36+yrFan View Post
    I also believe the past 2 years including this latest class of terrible recruiting on both sides of the ball has hurt us immensely and will for years to come...................

GSC 38 Year Fan

I wouldn't say the latest class is “terrible.”

And the January period may hold some surprises.

But I’m concerned about recruiting too.

We all thought CL was supposed to be the genius recruiter and all, but we ain’t seen home-run classes since he became HC.

I am thinking of an episode of the show from Eagle Creek. Rutledge was describing meeting Lunsford and how he was kind of grilling him about the kind of person he is.... He said it in a nice way and all, but you could tell it was off putting for him.

We are not Clemson. CL is not Dabo (although he really, really seems to think so sometimes.)

We want to put together great football teams. I sure hope we sing being too picky and excluding guys who might not be into the youth group aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I would say the latest class is “terrible.”

We all thought CL was supposed to be the genius recruiter and all, but we ain’t seen home-run classes since he became HC.

I am thinking of an episode of the show from Eagle Creek. Rutledge was describing meeting Lunsford and how he was kind of grilling him about the kind of person he is.... He said it in a nice way and all, but you could tell it was off putting for him.

We are not Clemson. CL is not Dabo (although he really, really seems to think so sometimes.)

We want to put together great football teams. I sure hope we sing being too picky and excluding guys who might not be into the youth group aspect.
    What defines a home run class?

The Eagles will rebound back in 2020 and will be back with a vengence !
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

5. Default Re: DeBesse and Sloan to Return for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    What defines a home run class?

Obviously, we will never find out.

The bottom half of the SB is not where we need to be hanging out.

(I get that stars aren't necessarily the best rating of what we need-especially considering how few teams use our offense,) But dang. This year it was obvious exactly where we would need depth, and did we even try? At all??

The recruiting is bad for sure.

Obviously, we will never find out.

The bottom half of the SB is not where we need to be hanging out.

(I get that stars aren't necessarily the best rating of what we need-especially considering how few teams use our offense,) But dang. This year it was obvious exactly where we would need depth, and did we even try? At all??
    you mean the three WR's or the three OL, or the three Safeties or the three DL or the three Corners all where we either have already lost players are losing players to graduation? Those are the places we need depth and we have signed multiples at all those positions with a couple spots left for Feb. I would have loved to get at least one more dynamic QB, but we still have til Feb to grab one.

I love how you say it's not a home run class, but when questioned, you don't even know what a home run class should be. I don't care what rankings say, I care what our needs are and that we are getting good players for those needs. The good part remains to be seen as it does with every class. But I'm comfortable with who we have recruited. The million dollar question is can we coach them up and develop them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I would say the latest class is “terrible.”

Summersí first class was rated well above his second class. It may still be the most highly rated in program history. Around half the guys in that first class didnít finish their eligibility and a lot didnít ever make it to campus.

9. Default Re: DeBesse and Sloan to Return for 2020

I wouldn't say the latest class is “terrible.”

Autocorrect again.....

I meant "wouldn't."

This class isn't terrible. But I sure would feel more comfortable if we started seeing some top of the SB classes. We seem to always be on the bottom half.

"Do more with less" was great at the beginning, but I don't think it was intended as an eternal commandment.

Autocorrect again.....

I meant "wouldn't."

This class isn't terrible. But I sure would feel more comfortable if we started seeing some top of the SB classes. We seem to always be on the bottom half.

"Do more with less" was great at the beginning, but I don't think it was intended as an eternal commandment.
    What does it take to get a top of the SB class?

In doing that, would we be addressing our needs or chasing a ranking only?

We all know OL don't score well, unless they're in the top 50 at their position. If we sign several OL (like we signed 5 last year), that's going to pull your score down. Does that make the class bad? Or good?

How do we know what those players are going to be like in 3 years, which is when the potential they have should be realized. You also realize that means that what we're currently seeing is a product of Summers' recruiting....since we're in that window now.

The unfortunate fact is that we're in a player/personnel hole that was dug in 2016, and it takes time to get out of it. You don't just sign one or two players and that fix your problems. I haven't seen anything yet that shows we don't know what we're doing in recruiting. Point to me any poor recruits Lunsford has brought in.

Yes, playcalling is an issue and is something we could be using to work around our deficiencies...but I'm only talking about recruiting right now.