TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Default WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

What was that weird offense Air Force Academy was running in their bowl game last night?

How did they beat a pass-happy, highly prolific Pac-12, P5 offense?

How did their defense manage to cover those great receivers, and control a qb who had passed for close to 5,000 yard in one season?

How did Air Force win 11 games this season?

And lastly, why did they not engage in vulgar dances and chants?

As a side note, anyone see the commercial for the playoff (no, not the fcs playoff, the one that all of ya'll say doesn't matter) but the fbs playoff, the league Georgia Southern plays in? The one where Ed Orgeron says to his players "you do what we ask you to do, you do what we demand you to do." I ask someone very sharp this week how did the old Georgia Southern manage to win all those games, even the non-rivals, when Erk Coached. You know what the answer is? They didn't have a choice.

Discipline!

Yes, I know there is no more Erk Russell, and the vaunted flaxbone is a victim of cash-for-clunkers offensive, polluting wrecks (someone forgot to tell Air Force - those snowflake crushers). And I know the world we live in, where people should get to do whatever they want to do, and it's valid just because they want to do it, whatever it is, even if "It" violates any old-line, wretched, social conventions, but you know what?

That old tried and true one word statement still exist in some parts of the world we all live in, like it or not.

Discipline.

There, I left of the exclamation mark, to hopefully less offend some of ya'll.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    What was that weird offense Air Force Academy was running in their bowl game last night?

How did they beat a pass-happy, highly prolific Pac-12, P5 offense?

How did their defense manage to cover those great receivers, and control a qb who had passed for close to 5,000 yard in one season?

How did Air Force win 11 games this season?

And lastly, why did they not engage in vulgar dances and chants?

As a side note, anyone see the commercial for the playoff (no, not the fcs playoff, the one that all of ya'll say doesn't matter) but the fbs playoff, the league Georgia Southern plays in? The one where Ed Orgeron says to his players "you do what we ask you to do, you do what we demand you to do." I ask someone very sharp this week how did the old Georgia Southern manage to win all those games, even the non-rivals, when Erk Coached. You know what the answer is? They didn't have a choice.

Discipline!

Yes, I know there is no more Erk Russell, and the vaunted flaxbone is a victim of cash-for-clunkers offensive, polluting wrecks (someone forgot to tell Air Force - those snowflake crushers). And I know the world we live in, where people should get to do whatever they want to do, and it's valid just because they want to do it, whatever it is, even if "It" violates any old-line, wretched, social conventions, but you know what?

That old tried and true one word statement still exist in some parts of the world we all live in, like it or not.

Discipline.

There, I left of the exclamation mark, to hopefully less offend some of ya'll.
    Amen!

Or people could just believe you can lead the league and rushing and score a lot of points out of gun style options because they have seen it done before. But hey, you do you.

4. Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Vulgar dances?

What are you smoking?

AF put on a clinic on the option done right. Their 1st drive, 12 minutes TD. Notice, they get the ball to start 2nd half and drive it slowly down field TD. Leach's comments, "we just couldn't get off the field". AF QB is a GA kid.

6. Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Oh and don’t forget they had more than a week to prepare for AF. Our biggest issue is execution, depth and offensive creativity.

7. Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Serious question... whats the purpose of this thread/OP? I thought it was just a pro-flex thing, but than he got into all that random Erk, dancing and “discipline” talk.

3 of AF's O-line guys were SR's.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    3 of AF's O-line guys were SR's.
    not one o-line guy 300lbs. All under 300lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Serious question... whats the purpose of this thread/OP? I thought it was just a pro-flex thing, but than he got into all that random Erk, dancing and “discipline” talk.
    i think random Erk and discipline talk can be positive attributes to a good football team. Heard Debo, Clemson HC yesterday say, "now, it's all about execution."