TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts.

Default Re: Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    I sent an email earlier this year to our athletic email address with "ATTENTION: Tom Kleinlein" in the subject line asking if anyone was aware of the lyrics to the Mo Bamba song that we play at our games. I wanted to know how given the crass thuggish nature of this song why we might be playing it at our games. No one thought it important enough to reply to my email. I guess my donor level doesn't warrant the courtesy of a reply.

I love my University and have been a football season ticket holder since the Erk years. None of this behavior lives up to the "Do Right" life lesson that Coach Russell left us with.

It boils down to this with me. Either we clean up this kind of stuff or I will distance myself from the football program that I love so dearly. Having class matters.
    The straw that broke the camel’s back.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Having class absolutely matters, we’re better than that and that’s not the image we want to project. The only thing worse than allowing that song to be played and chanted is the fact that it was played and chanted and we couldn’t back it up on the field. Figure out what DO RIGHT means because that wasn’t it fellas. You could tell in the video that a good portion of the fans were not going along with it. Just the band and team.

3. Default Re: Thoughts.

+1

I wasn’t there Friday so I’m just hearing about this. I’m a lot less disappointed about the loss now and would say the best team (in every sense of the word best) won.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    When your QB is in the gun and he's running for his life within two seconds of taking the snap.... it's a problem...

Well that’s not what’s happening most of the time. So....
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    We are a one dimensional fb team. That's a problem!! Talent level is down and new recruiting class doesn't appear to have helped. We're excited about a five nine 170 lb qb that can't throw. This yr will quickly become the norm if we aren't willing to change the way we approach offense.

There isn’t even an argument to make against your last statement, but as far as being excited about a 5’9 170lb QB that “can’t throw”...I think we’ve done that a couple times before and it’s worked out okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

This is my thought as well and derived it after watching Debesse at New Mexico. I told people when they selected him that his offense didn't look right and that the New Mexico QB often made a play out of a busted one. We have that same trend now at Southern. Werts because of his athletic ability often turns a busted into something better. It didn't work in Orlando.

Not acceptable lyrics to be singing at pep rally's or games with children around. I just found out about this and it really is unacceptable! Clean it up!

9. Default Re: Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle81 View Post
    This is my thought as well and derived it after watching Debesse at New Mexico. I told people when they selected him that his offense didn't look right and that the New Mexico QB often made a play out of a busted one. We have that same trend now at Southern. Werts because of his athletic ability often turns a busted into something better. It didn't work in Orlando.

If anyone wants to see the truth about our season, just review this offense and see how many times our athletes made something out of a busted play.

The first one that comes to mind is the play at Paulson where Kennedy ran close to the home side and somehow got through 7 defenders, then ran for a TD.

The fact that we have a couple guys who can play like that is great. The fact that 7 defenders get anywhere near anyone with the ball is absolutely unacceptable. None of those guys were blocked on that play. None were touched.

Anybody know coach BD’s address so I can send him a bill?