TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts.

Default Re: Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    When your QB is in the gun and he's running for his life within two seconds of taking the snap.... it's a problem...

Well that’s not what’s happening most of the time. So....
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    We are a one dimensional fb team. That's a problem!! Talent level is down and new recruiting class doesn't appear to have helped. We're excited about a five nine 170 lb qb that can't throw. This yr will quickly become the norm if we aren't willing to change the way we approach offense.

There isn’t even an argument to make against your last statement, but as far as being excited about a 5’9 170lb QB that “can’t throw”...I think we’ve done that a couple times before and it’s worked out okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

This is my thought as well and derived it after watching Debesse at New Mexico. I told people when they selected him that his offense didn't look right and that the New Mexico QB often made a play out of a busted one. We have that same trend now at Southern. Werts because of his athletic ability often turns a busted into something better. It didn't work in Orlando.

Not acceptable lyrics to be singing at pep rally's or games with children around. I just found out about this and it really is unacceptable! Clean it up!

Anybody know coach BD’s address so I can send him a bill?

Quote Originally Posted by 82eagle View Post
    Absolutely agree. As long as the fanbase dictates a very narrow offensive philosophy, we are likely to struggle to be anything more than mediocre. We've painted ourselves into a corner.
    What is this narrow minded philosophy you speak of? If its option I agree we need to go back to being a true option team. We do not run an option based offense, we pay lip service to it, because a large group of us donors to believe the "good ole days" still works and the further we get from our roots the further we get from success.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Wood seemed to have a really close bond with Werts last year, feel like he regressed under Debesse.
    Watching Shai at the Pep Rally, not sure what is mind set was. Not really into the Pep Rally, no real "battle buddy" he was hanging out with. Guys got talent, just not sure if he was distracted.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That's why instrumental versions of these songs exist.
    Are you seriously making this a point?

See the “Neck” song the band keeps playing... instrumental song but everyone that knows this song associates “inhale vigorously that tiger/eagle/etc D***”

If Mo Bamba instrumental was played students and players would sing the explicit lyrics no matter what

Personally I just don’t think Werts fills the skill set and direction this offense wants to become. Regardless of this, good OC dictate the offense based on the talent and dedication of those players on the roster. DeBesse didn’t do a good job of this.

What I’d like to see if DeBesse is retained is a fresh mind at QB Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Oh lord...you didn't actually do this did you?

Those lyrics you speak of are edited and you don't hear them at games. You literally had to go looking for the lyrics to discover that.
    I’m sure the guys complaining are the same people that say that political correctness is ruining the country.