TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts.

Default Re: Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    That song (or chant, really) is more embarrassing to me than our performance.

Not just embarrassing. It’s unbelievable.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Pretty disappointed we seem to have adopted the LSU ĎNeckí song, but Iím even more disappointed to see our band and football players actually utter the lyrics and have our media guys put it on Twitter for the whole world to see. The song is crass and I expect more class from our pep rallies. TK needs to nip that in the bud. Iím sure our band director can find an equally motivating song for the brass section that doesnít require such a profane sing-along.

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Pretty disappointed we seem to have adopted the LSU ‘Neck’ song, but I’m even more disappointed to see our band and football players actually utter the lyrics and have our media guys put it on Twitter for the whole world to see. The song is crass and I expect more class from our pep rallies. TK needs to nip that in the bud. I’m sure our band director can find an equally motivating song for the brass section that doesn’t require such a profane sing-along.
    It’s inconceivable that the band was used for that purpose.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

I sent an email earlier this year to our athletic email address with "ATTENTION: Tom Kleinlein" in the subject line asking if anyone was aware of the lyrics to the Mo Bamba song that we play at our games. I wanted to know how given the crass thuggish nature of this song why we might be playing it at our games. No one thought it important enough to reply to my email. I guess my donor level doesn't warrant the courtesy of a reply.

I love my University and have been a football season ticket holder since the Erk years. None of this behavior lives up to the "Do Right" life lesson that Coach Russell left us with.

It boils down to this with me. Either we clean up this kind of stuff or I will distance myself from the football program that I love so dearly. Having class matters.
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    I sent an email earlier this year to our athletic email address with "ATTENTION: Tom Kleinlein" in the subject line asking if anyone was aware of the lyrics to the Mo Bamba song that we play at our games. I wanted to know how given the crass thuggish nature of this song why we might be playing it at our games. No one thought it important enough to reply to my email. I guess my donor level doesn't warrant the courtesy of a reply.

I love my University and have been a football season ticket holder since the Erk years. None of this behavior lives up to the "Do Right" life lesson that Coach Russell left us with.

It boils down to this with me. Either we clean up this kind of stuff or I will distance myself from the football program that I love so dearly. Having class matters. .
    Oh lord...you didn't actually do this did you?

Those lyrics you speak of are edited and you don't hear them at games. You literally had to go looking for the lyrics to discover that.

Would you sing the lyrics to this song to your mom?
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Shai has shown he can throw short to intermediate passes. I just don't understand why we dont do it more.
    Because we inhale vigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Oh lord...you didn't actually do this did you?

Those lyrics you speak of are edited and you don't hear them at games. You literally had to go looking for the lyrics to discover that.
    Yep, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    https://twitter.com/najee_thompson/s...954102274?s=21

I wonder what the audience of one we hear so much about from this staff thinks about the players chanting ďinhale vigorously that eagle d**k, *****Ē in broad daylight on the streets of Orlando, with the accompaniment of the band. Iím sure there is a forthcoming bible verse to explain it all.
    As a former player and a father of two girls under 9 years old, Iím embarrassed by them playing this song and the players gleefully singing along with it at the parade/pep rally. Iím not acting like I didnít sing the valley song with its colorful language at the top of my lungs on the bus ride to the stadium, Iím not acting like I didnít participate in chants like this in the locker room. Thereís a time and place for things like that but at an event like that that young children attended itís an extremely bad look and those in charge ought to be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post

It boils down to this with me. Either we clean up this kind of stuff or I will distance myself from the football program that I love so dearly. Having class matters.
    That's why instrumental versions of these songs exist.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.