TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartbreaker

Default Heartbreaker

Ladies lose to OleMiss 69-66 in OT at Oxford! New HC slowly getting them better.

Default Re: Heartbreaker

We've known Coach Howard and Theo for a couple of years now as my wife works at Columbus State and they are both great folks. Coach Howard is a fundamentals type coach and she will coach them up and recruit. She had great success at CSU and some deep runs in the DIV II Tournaments. We'll see continuous improvement this whole season, glad she and they are part of Eagle Nation.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    We've known Coach Howard and Theo for a couple of years now as my wife works at Columbus State and they are both great folks. Coach Howard is a fundamentals type coach and she will coach them up and recruit. She had great success at CSU and some deep runs in the DIV II Tournaments. We'll see continuous improvement this whole season, glad she and they are part of Eagle Nation.
    good staff too. Got 4 kids coming in next season that will be players.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    good staff too. Got 4 kids coming in next season that will be players.
    Last time I talked to Theo he said they were having some recruiting success.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

After we committed 25 turnovers and Kent State beat us in Vegas, Coach's comments :"I'm not happy at all, I'm not pleased with us coming out to Vegas and showing no fight. We weren't competing. The turnovers was because we were too lackadaisical......it has nothing to do with the X's and O's it's all about what pumps inside your chest, and that's your heart...." Our Ladies team is in good hands, nice to hear a HC tell it like it is rather than apologetic coach speak.

After we committed 25 turnovers and Kent State beat us in Vegas, Coach's comments :"I'm not happy at all, I'm not pleased with us coming out to Vegas and showing no fight. We weren't competing. The turnovers was because we were too lackadaisical......it has nothing to do with the X's and O's it's all about what pumps inside your chest, and that's your heart...." Our Ladies team is in good hands, nice to hear a HC tell it like it is rather than apologetic coach speak.
    girls bounce back in Vegas get 78-47 win over ST Francis, coach much happier over effort and win. 1-1 on Vegas trip now off to Tulane for Dec. 30th game.

Coach is really fun to talk to. I believe that if anyone can get our team headed in the right direction it will be her.

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Coach is really fun to talk to. I believe that if anyone can get our team headed in the right direction it will be her.
    the key will be recruiting and having an assistant coach who was a North Carolina All-American and former WNBA player helps. I think the entire staff will recruit well, I'm looking forward to next 5 years.

the key will be recruiting and having an assistant coach who was a North Carolina All-American and former WNBA player helps. I think the entire staff will recruit well, I'm looking forward to next 5 years.
    i can just picture Coach Brown speaking to a 3-4 maybe 5 star recruit, "do you want to play basketball?, do you want to play at the next level after college?, you can get there by coming to GS and work hard, in the class room, weight room on on the court. How bad do you want it?"