TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Eagles at Bradley

Default Re: MBB: Eagles at Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We shot like crap(30% from field and 3's), got beat on boards by 14. We have no presence in the paint. Can't seem to recruit 2-3 WIDE BODIES. Always wirey thin guys, i.e. Small forwards. I predicted 17 wins this year. We got embarrassed today.
    It was a strange game. When we tried to drive to the basket, one of our strengths, we would often get mugged with no foul called. There was a total of three fouls called in the second half. Bradley made 67% of their threes while GS shot 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    It was a strange game. When we tried to drive to the basket, one of our strengths, we would often get mugged with no foul called. There was a total of three fouls called in the second half. Bradley made 67% of their threes while GS shot 30%.
    yep, that's why a athletical wide beefy body is what CB teams have always been missing. Get 2 guys with the size(maybe a little bigger) than Glenn, then the inlet pass to the big becomes a weapon, rather than just relying on the drive to hoop or firing up 3's at 20-30%.

We shot like crap(30% from field and 3's), got beat on boards by 14. We have no presence in the paint. Can't seem to recruit 2-3 WIDE BODIES. Always wirey thin guys, i.e. Small forwards. I predicted 17 wins this year. We got embarrassed today.
    No doubt
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Bradley has a good team and well coached. They were very well prepared for us. Their announces talked about our switching man to man defense at the being of the game and said they were looking to take advantage of it and create some mismatches.
    They took us to school. On the offensive end, we couldn't buy a basket the first 10 minutes of the game. After the first 5 minutes or so we just started shooting 3's that were not falling and no one under the basket to rebound. We would take a 3 and have no one (not a single guy) in the paint when the ball came off the rim. (It doesn't matter how tall or thick you are no one is going to rebound the ball standing on the 3 point line) We tried to make a couple of runs in the second half, but each time their coach called a time out and they came back out and got a easy basket to break the run. (he really managed the game well)
    We are what we are and what we have been. Our style is not going to change under CB and good well coached teams are going to take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Bradley has a good team and well coached. They were very well prepared for us. Their announces talked about our switching man to man defense at the being of the game and said they were looking to take advantage of it and create some mismatches.
    They took us to school. On the offensive end, we couldn't buy a basket the first 10 minutes of the game. After the first 5 minutes or so we just started shooting 3's that were not falling and no one under the basket to rebound. We would take a 3 and have no one (not a single guy) in the paint when the ball came off the rim. (It doesn't matter how tall or thick you are no one is going to rebound the ball standing on the 3 point line) We tried to make a couple of runs in the second half, but each time their coach called a time out and they came back out and got a easy basket to break the run. (he really managed the game well)
    We are what we are and what we have been. Our style is not going to change under CB and good well coached teams are going to take advantage of that.
    so your saying mismatches can occur in switching man to man defense??(LOL, sarcastic). I detest switching man to man. Also get "thicker" and stop relying on the 3's especially when under CB we have been notoriously poor at shooting 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Like Hunter?(smile).

Height and weight does help with rebounding but more about effort and technique. I agree that we need more taller and bigger players but those are hard to come by as EVERYBODY is looking for them.

As far as the switching or not, I agree that we’re not doing it well at all. Gotta play better D more than simply play better O. That’s hard to argue.

As far as the season goes, I’m always the wait and see type. Although, there’s some typical signs of a CMB team ending the way they usually do .... I’d like to let the season play out. Definitely gotta find some better strategy and implement it on both sides. No room for complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Height and weight does help with rebounding but more about effort and technique. I agree that we need more taller and bigger players but those are hard to come by as EVERYBODY is looking for them.

As far as the switching or not, I agree that we’re not doing it well at all. Gotta play better D more than simply play better O. That’s hard to argue.

As far as the season goes, I’m always the wait and see type. Although, there’s some typical signs of a CMB team ending the way they usually do .... I’d like to let the season play out. Definitely gotta find some better strategy and implement it on both sides. No room for complacency.
    im not asking for 7" guys I'm asking for a few 6'6"-6'10" guys with muscle/width that know their strength is in the paint vs thinking their slick run and gun from 3 type small forwards. I watched Richmond the other day, they got a 6'10" kid that can play, great passer, quick enough on his feet to move around from top of key to inside and has a nice shot. Just tired of seeing burly 6'7" guys command such respect in the paint vs us. We continue to live or die with the 3. One thing I'd do starting Thursday, McCaddan is the first option on every possession, mandatory 20 shots a game, then see how we do.

im not asking for 7" guys I'm asking for a few 6'6"-6'10" guys with muscle/width that know their strength is in the paint vs thinking their slick run and gun from 3 type small forwards. I watched Richmond the other day, they got a 6'10" kid that can play, great passer, quick enough on his feet to move around from top of key to inside and has a nice shot. Just tired of seeing burly 6'7" guys command such respect in the paint vs us. We continue to live or die with the 3. One thing I'd do starting Thursday, McCaddan is the first option on every possession, mandatory 20 shots a game, then see how we do.
    Aw, come on, we could really use some of those 7 inch guys (sorry, couldn’t resist��).

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Aw, come on, we could really use some of those 7 inch guys (sorry, couldn’t resist��).
    lol, come on you guys all know I can't spell or type a lick.