TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Eagles at Bradley

Default Re: MBB: Eagles at Bradley

Wow. Bad loss
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Didn’t play well at all. No offense, mostly settled for long 3 pointers or when we drive to the basket would get packed. Looked better in the second half but Bradley took our run and stuffed it with a barrage of 3 pointers by their freshman who had not been shooting well from outside all year. Oh well, this was probably a loss anyway, need to put it behind us and move on.

I didnít watch it but from the stats it looks like a weird game. I donít know the last time I watched a college basketball game with only 11 free throws. We only made 19 field goals period. I feel like the most success weíve had this year is when we stay under 20 three point attempts. This team just isnít going to do be that kind of team. Unless these refs were letting us play rugby itís clear we didnít drive to the basket at all. Makes me think that Byington is just trying to keep everybody healthy for conference play. With the injuries weíve had so early this year I canít really blame him.

We shot like crap(30% from field and 3's), got beat on boards by 14. We have no presence in the paint. Can't seem to recruit 2-3 WIDE BODIES. Always wirey thin guys, i.e. Small forwards. I predicted 17 wins this year. We got embarrassed today.

81-51, that's not acceptable. Texas State Thursday, I'm very concerned.

The exact same team as always, but less talented this season. Going to be a long season
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Just checked the full box score, shooting stats. etc. Since we really have no intimidating bigs, time to let McCadden loose, the kid was 4-8 in FG's and 3-3 from "3". He took by far the fewest shots by a starter. Free the kid up and let him take the game over. CB said, in so many words, we played like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We shot like crap(30% from field and 3's), got beat on boards by 14. We have no presence in the paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The exact same team as always, but less talented this season. Going to be a long season
    Bingo. Lather, rinse, repeat, year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Bingo. Lather, rinse, repeat, year after year.
    You know 6'5-6'10" 230-260 lb kids cant run as fast as 6'5"-6'10" 170-200 lb kids.. Those "big bodies", while being very good basketball players would disrupt the "flow" of CB's defense/offensive schemes. Cant be having that. I'd take a slowed down offense that included two bruising big bodies in the paint with offensive/defensive ability than this up tempo guard oriented offense and "switching man" defense. Just my IMO.

Iíve come to realize that CB has taken us as far as heís going to take us.
    We are definitely in a better place than when he arrived. But, are we willing to accept that this is as good as we can be?