TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GS v Liberty Predictions

Default Re: GS v Liberty Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think this is very much a binary game.

Depends which team shows up.

Will the GS team which rolled on App and Gag come out and play? Or will it be the one that struggled against vastly inferior Maine and rolled over/played dead against Troy?

I am very much hoping we will see the former. We will crush Liberty and win by at least two TDs.

I don’t even want to consider the other possibility.
    Losing this game would mean almost nothing. Winning would be nice.

What else can you even take from a meaningless exhibition?

2. Default Re: GS v Liberty Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Losing this game would mean almost nothing. Winning would be nice.

What else can you even take from a meaningless exhibition?
    Nothing meaningless about sticking another bowl banner in Paulson and getting our team some more rings.

A nice win in that area in front of some potential recruits would hardly be meaningless either.

3. Default Re: GS v Liberty Predictions

CFN predicts a 34-30 Eagle loss...

“Here’s the issue – Liberty hasn’t beaten anyone. The Buffalo win was nice, but that’s absolutely it.

Georgia Southern has the ability to take over games with its ground attack, but its pass defense is way too loose. With the time to prepare, Liberty will figure out the Eagle option offense just enough keep it from taking over the game.

The Flames will move the ball just fine through the air, they’ll connect on a few deep plays when they have to, and the program will have their breakthrough moment with a bowl win in a fun back-and-forth battle.”

4. Default Re: GS v Liberty Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    CFN predicts a 34-30 Eagle loss...

“Here’s the issue – Liberty hasn’t beaten anyone. The Buffalo win was nice, but that’s absolutely it.

Georgia Southern has the ability to take over games with its ground attack, but its pass defense is way too loose. With the time to prepare, Liberty will figure out the Eagle option offense just enough keep it from taking over the game.

The Flames will move the ball just fine through the air, they’ll connect on a few deep plays when they have to, and the program will have their breakthrough moment with a bowl win in a fun back-and-forth battle.”
    I saw that too.....

For whatever reason, our pass defense has take a step or two back this season.

They tend to play very solid at times, but if they get back on their heels, it’s just downhill for a quarter or two.

I hope we come out sharp on defense. This team’s air attack is pretty legit.

Definitely gotta handle that WR.

Eagles win 34-21
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I don't know but Liberty's basketball team beat Vanderbilt at Vanderbilt last night to go 12-0.
    Let’s hope they don’t send the basketball team out. Better chance of beating us than their football team. (I live part time in Lynchburg, VA....)

I was also at the first game ever in Paulson against Liberty Baptist. We had so much fun as students heckling their players.

It might be apropos to say “pennies from heaven.”
    Last edited by gsutrublu; 15th December 2019 at 09:55 PM.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

The truth ya'll don't want to accept.

Liberty 45, GSU 9

Don't like it, but it's what I see coming.

GSU defense blows when it isn't a big rival, or a game they have to win. And if it gets close, the dc will freak and clam up, playing prevent defense, which only serves to prevent the team with the lead from winning.

Sure, 9 points might be a little low, so a range of 45 to 9 on the low, 45 to 17 on the high side.

Bet Liberty and take the points, anything you get will be gravy, because you won't need any if you take Sparky.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

8. Default Re: GS v Liberty Predictions

Ok, Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post

Liberty 45, GSU 9

GSU defense blows when it isn't a big rival, or a game they have to win. And if it gets close, the dc will freak and clam up, playing prevent defense, which only serves to prevent the team with the lead from winning.

Sure, 9 points might be a little low, so a range of 45 to 9 on the low, 45 to 17 on the high side.

Bet Liberty and take the points, anything you get will be gravy, because you won't need any if you take Sparky.

You’re crazy.

Georgia Southern 136
    Liberty 3
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post

Liberty 45, GSU 9

man, you need to slow your roll, we are playing Liberty not Auburn!