TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Default Re: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    They are running a poll on the Athletic Foundation Facebook page to see where most people are staying. We have a large group at the Marriott Downtown, so I voted for that. I think I'll do the Church Street stuff Friday and Saturday.
    IMO why not do one at Universal and Downtown too as the fans are going to be spread out.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

It's a 10 mile difference between the 2 areas. Non surge pricing is $15 on uber. I'd be fine with either but that's a good idea, as many fans as there will be, why not have 2?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    IMO why not do one at Universal and Downtown too as the fans are going to be spread out.
    Or, just have the pep rally/ battle of the bands at Universal and the unofficial meet-up downtown. That way both crowds have something to walk to and only the individuals that want to do both have to commute to the other.

4. Default Re: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It's a 10 mile difference between the 2 areas. Non surge pricing is $15 on uber. I'd be fine with either but that's a good idea, as many fans as there will be, why not have 2?
    FWIW, an uber out of City Walk on a Friday night can be an ordeal.

Just remember kids, no need to try to drink all the beer in Orlando because another truck will deliver the next day!
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It is "unofficial" so why not have 2? That makes a lot of sense.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Or, just have the pep rally/ battle of the bands at Universal and the unofficial meet-up downtown. That way both crowds have something to walk to and only the individuals that want to do both have to commute to the other.
    Tough to move large crowd from one place to the next. Pep Rally is at City Walk. I doubt many will want to leave and then grab Uber downtown. We will be doing the Church Street stuff on Saturday anyways.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnest View Post
    At Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville there is a gem located out front. The Lone Palm Airport houses the Grumman HU-16 Albatross flying boat "Hemisphere Dancer" that Jimmy was flying in Jamaica and was shot at by the Jamaican authorities after they believed he was a ganja plane. The bullet holes are still in the plane! #JamaicaMistaka
    I flew that airplane for three years, just before we sent it to the restaurant. Yes, another GSU grad news nugget. GATA

9. Default Re: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Perhaps we could have a GSUFans Meetup near downtown (a lot of folks are in the Marriott Downtown Orlando/Crowne Plaza area), if there is interest.
    Sounds like a great idea. How will we know each other when we meet without our GSUFans handle? Oh I forgot, most of the posters on this site will be with Bob DeBesse and Scott Sloan telling them how to do their jobs.

10. Default Re: Unofficial Party Friday Night the 20th in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    Tough to move large crowd from one place to the next. Pep Rally is at City Walk. I doubt many will want to leave and then grab Uber downtown. We will be doing the Church Street stuff on Saturday anyways.
    Either way, a large crowd is going from Universal to Downtown, or visa versa. It doesn’t sound like a convenient layout if you want to participant in everything.