TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Default Re: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Their record is 7-5. That part is legit.

However for bowl purposes they only count 6 wins.
    so it’s also ok to count same team twice?

so technically you could schedule one bad team several times and count them all?

crazy
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    They also played New Mexico State twice and beat them both times. This is a bad football team that had one of the worst schedules in the FBS. We should roll in this game outside of Maine and USA by far our easiest opponent of the year. I think CCU easily duplicates or betters that schedule.
    Ehhhh...don't fool yourself...the smart money is on Liberty in this game. Analytically we are about dead even when looking at advanced metrics like F+ and S&P+ efficiency.

I've actually seen some metrics that think Liberty is just a tad bit better than we are (both teams are somewhere around the 85th to 90th best team in the country). They undoubtedly have a better offense than we do, but we have the edge on special teams and defense.

The line opened up at GS -8.5, but has fallen to -6 already because the vast majority of bets are coming in on Liberty.

There is just no real evidence to justify us being over a TD favorite. This 7-5 GS juggernaut struggled with Maine and needed miracles to beat USA and Coastal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Ehhhh...don't fool yourself...the smart money is on Liberty in this game. Analytically we are about dead even when looking at advanced metrics like F+ and S&P+ efficiency.

I've actually seen some metrics that think Liberty is just a tad bit better than we are (both teams are somewhere around the 85th to 90th best team in the country). They undoubtedly have a better offense than we do, but we have the edge on special teams and defense.

The line opened up at GS -8.5, but has fallen to -6 already because the vast majority of bets are coming in on Liberty.

There is just no real evidence to justify us being over a TD favorite. This 7-5 GS juggernaut struggled with Maine and needed miracles to beat USA and Coastal.
    They gave up 44 points to Maine.. They beat one team with a winning record and stacked up stats with two FCS opponents and playing horrible NMSU twice. Their SOS is bottom 10 in the FBS. The most they scored against a decent team or with a winning record was 35 against 7-5 Buffalo who is in the the worst FBS conference this year, the only other teams with a winning record on their schedule was UL and they lost 35-14 and BYU and they lost 31-24. Massey composite has them rightfully at 99 behind several losing record teams and there is not one team with an equal or better record ranked below them. Massey Composite is composed of 97 rankings. They obviously have a coach and that is it. Nothing they did this year backs up any reason why we should not run them. I would imagine if we can play ball control we can win this by ten when I looked over everything and Massey with 81% confidence has us winning 35-24. I think the only way we lose is by turn overs.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I would say Liberty is about the equivalent of ULM, though with a better offensive coach in Freeze and a defense that isn't as good. If we get QB pressure it won't be a game. I don't mean getting 3 sacks and 4 hurries but just not letting him have all day to throw when they have a Senior Bowl receiver. If that doesn't happen it's a shootout. If they were a running team it would be a blowout but schematically their offense could be a real problem.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I would say Liberty is about the equivalent of ULM, though with a better offensive coach in Freeze and a defense that isn't as good. If we get QB pressure it won't be a game. I don't mean getting 3 sacks and 4 hurries but just not letting him have all day to throw when they have a Senior Bowl receiver. If that doesn't happen it's a shootout. If they were a running team it would be a blowout but schematically their offense could be a real problem.
    I've been curious how well their OL has stood up to any kind of pass rush this year. Also if they've seen the kind of defensive speed we have.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Also if they've seen the kind of defensive speed we have.
    Not in any of their wins.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    They gave up 44 points to Maine.. They beat one team with a winning record and stacked up stats with two FCS opponents and playing horrible NMSU twice. Their SOS is bottom 10 in the FBS. The most they scored against a decent team or with a winning record was 35 against 7-5 Buffalo who is in the the worst FBS conference this year, the only other teams with a winning record on their schedule was UL and they lost 35-14 and BYU and they lost 31-24. Massey composite has them rightfully at 99 behind several losing record teams and there is not one team with an equal or better record ranked below them. Massey Composite is composed of 97 rankings. They obviously have a coach and that is it. Nothing they did this year backs up any reason why we should not run them. I would imagine if we can play ball control we can win this by ten when I looked over everything and Massey with 81% confidence has us winning 35-24. I think the only way we lose is by turn overs.
    they also played UMass who's defense lets say was rather porous, possibly the worse defense in history of FBS.

8. Default Re: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

The line opened at GS -6, so there’s that.

Will they bring the LiMu Emu to the game?
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburnhttps://statesboroherald.static.anvilcms.net/media/images/2018/09/18/images/Erk_Russell_.max-1200x675.jpg

I buy through the ticket office but understand why some don't. Check out these links. The first, from GS, seems to indicate the tickets that the ticket office has...which is most of our side. The second is ticketmaster through cure bowl website. Appears they are selling tickets in the same sections as our ticket office...but not selling on the Liberty side... seems strange to me.

https://gseagles.com/sports/2015/11/...l_Central.aspx

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/22005729B631A211