TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cure Bowl

Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Do you think GSU will take 10,000 to the game?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

As in 10,000 tickets sold? Then No

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    As in 10,000 tickets sold? Then No
    So no 10,000 GSU tickets sold to the game or 10,000 GSU fans in the seats.

How many attended last years bowl?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

4. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    All you need to know about the crowds being brought between the 2 schools is that they moved GS to the other side of the stadium for the TV cameras to show a bigger crowd.
    I don’t know, if that’s true than the Cure Bowl would have had to initially thought a mediocre Liberty was going to bring more fans from Virginia (than we would from a neighboring state), to put them on that side to start.

I am excited that this team is playing in the Cure Bowl! Looks like a good venue that might even be filled to capacity (25K). I rather see a full house than the same 25K in a 75K stadium. I am happy for Liberty. They are getting to experience what we did in Mobile a few year ago. I just hope our players are going to prepare for Liberty better than Bowling Green prepared for us. Should be a lot of fun and hopefully the weather will be better than what we experienced in Mobile and Montgomery. Let's face it...... We are 7-5 and going to a bowl with a chance to finish with eight wins for what everyone knows was a strange season. I am happy for our seniors, the rest of the team, coaches, band and our great University! Hail Southern!
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    I am excited that this team is playing in the Cure Bowl! Looks like a good venue that might even be filled to capacity (25K). I rather see a full house than the same 25K in a 75K stadium. I am happy for Liberty. They are getting to experience what we did in Mobile a few year ago. I just hope our players are going to prepare for Liberty better than Bowling Green prepared for us. Should be a lot of fun and hopefully the weather will be better than what we experienced in Mobile and Montgomery. Let's face it...... We are 7-5 and going to a bowl with a chance to finish with eight wins for what everyone knows was a strange season. I am happy for our seniors, the rest of the team, coaches, band and our great University! Hail Southern!
    +1. We’ll miss you being there WGE! Need to stay undefeated in this bowl season!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I don’t know, if that’s true than the Cure Bowl would have had to initially thought a mediocre Liberty was going to bring more fans from Virginia (than we would from a neighboring state), to put them on that side to start.
    If I had a guess likely moreso that one conference typically gets assigned a specific sideline, and this year Liberty was awarded the "AAC" sidelines. Not sure if it typically rotates sidelines year by year or how it is determined. It's done for other bowl games the same way. Can't remember when but at some point the Cure website showed which conference was taking which sideline. Or maybe it was our website?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

With all of that said, I am glad we are paying One More Time this year and the next game is the only game of the season. This will not be a pushover if they want it more than our guys (I don't think that will be the case). At the end of September I was hoping to be where we are and am glad to be here.
    We run about six plays, just see if you can stop 'em---- Paul Johnson

Looking at the pictures of the field, I would not be surprised if this is a one time thing at Exploria Stadium. There is very little room between the back of the end zone and the stands. If a receiver is still in stride in the back of the end zone it could get a little risky.

10. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    If I had a guess likely moreso that one conference typically gets assigned a specific sideline, and this year Liberty was awarded the "AAC" sidelines. Not sure if it typically rotates sidelines year by year or how it is determined. It's done for other bowl games the same way. Can't remember when but at some point the Cure website showed which conference was taking which sideline. Or maybe it was our website?
    Yeah, disappointing because it looks like we are on the same side as the jumbotron. I’m sure it will be fine, but it would be more convenient if it was on the other side. Also looks like all seats have a back, that’s a bonus.