TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cure Bowl

Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle18 View Post
    Not getting into specifics, but the general consensus I have heard is "It isn't the same anymore" .
    Yeah, ‘specifics’ is a pretty heavy lift.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    this was one of my fears when we moved up. When the Newness wares off like in 5-6 years where will be attendance wise? Yes the gradual but IMO remarkable decline is a concern. Maybe next season with new, named known football schools coming to Paulson we'll see a nice jump. Sorry, the CCU's, NMSU's and USA's of the G5 world doesn't due much to raise the fan excitement meter. Really, IMO no different, maybe worse than Furman, Wofford Elon etc.
    We need to win some P5 games and conference titles. Our attendance surge five years ago came on the heels of winning a Belt title our first season in the league, knocking off Florida and nearly upsetting Tech, UGA and NC State. That built excitement and our fanbase responded. Remember the comments from TK and Willie, "We want to be the next Boise State of the South!" There was a buzz in Eagle Nation...

You live and die by the expectations you build. This season, we needed to knockoff Minnesota and capture a few more conference wins in a big way. We should be dominant in the Belt year in and year out.

The hashtag "good to great" also brought about a certain expectation for some fans in 2019. Simply put, we haven't measured up in the eyes of many and it was obvious with attendance. One other thing - the Athletics Department needs to "re-think" some of their donor / pricing policies...it's a shame to see the Paulson parking lot about have full when it has been jam-packed in the past. We need cars in the lot and butts in seats. Do a better job of pricing and promoting.

Of course, bringing in teams like Boise, Houston and BYU will lift home attendance. Those matchups can't get here fast enough! TK needs to schedule some P-5 home games even if it requires visiting their place twice. All about perception when you get those "name schools" in your house and win!
    Last edited by birdseye; 13th December 2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    We need to win some P5 games and conference titles. Our attendance surge five years ago came on the heels of winning a Belt title our first season in the league, knocking off Florida and nearly upsetting Tech, UGA and NC State. That built excitement and our fanbase responded. Remember the comments from TK and Willie, "We want to be the next Boise State of the South!" There was a buzz in Eagle Nation...
    Ugh that's painful. I remember seeing comments on r/CFB by P5 fans back in 2015 making that exact same comment. "These guys are going to end up being the Boise State of the south." with replies to it like "if they're this good now, what're they going to look like in 5 years?"

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Ugh that's painful. I remember seeing comments on r/CFB by P5 fans back in 2015 making that exact same comment. "These guys are going to end up being the Boise State of the south." with replies to it like "if they're this good now, what're they going to look like in 5 years?"
    Four years ago we were poised to do what App is doing currently (winning the conference year in and year out, consistently beating P5 teams, etc.). But I think it's hard to overstate how disastrous the Summers hire was. Sure, he was only hear for a year and a half, but the damage he caused will take years to fully erase. If we'd made a better hire, we very likely look like a completely different program right now.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

5. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Nope, I don’t blame students for looking for the best price when we are selling them for $45 and Liberty is giving their students a bus ride, a ticket, lodging and food for $25.
    My kid is there $30 ticket is not stopping kids.
    Should buy the tickets through the school

6. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    It’s not $30. It’s $45. Add that to the gas, lodging, and food that this trip will take and I definitely didn’t have that kind of cash laying around when I was in college.

7. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    Should do what’s best for them. With over 20k students at GS, I’m not criticizing the ones that actually make the effort to fill in that stadium and cheer for the Eagles.

You know why Liberty can offer a cheap trip to the bowl game? They have donors and lots of money. It's all being subsidized by their fans/alums.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: The Cure Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    You know why Liberty can offer a cheap trip to the bowl game? They have donors and lots of money. It's all being subsidized by their fans/alums.
    No it’s being subsidized by their online students

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    No it’s being subsidized by their online students
    Yup. A billion-dollar endowment and a six-figure enrollment that includes online students.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.