TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 272

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,839

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    App fans talking about how Drink used App State and how they need to get somebody who is committed to sticking around for 4-5 years. I've seen how that movie ends.
    If they want that then all they need to do is pay a coach $7M a year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  2. #62

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Bruce Feldman is reporting Shawn Clark, App St OL Coach, could get promoted.

    https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...055120896?s=21

  3. #63

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Some of y'all are very naive. App will be fine because their AD isn't foolish enough to make a Tyson Summers hire.

    Ark State dominated this league while churning through 5 Coaches in 5 years. It's not the end of the world for App.

    We were able to survive losing Monken because we made a great hire in Fritz. App likely does the same.

  4. #64

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Some of y'all are very naive. App will be fine because their AD isn't foolish enough to make a Tyson Summers hire.

    Ark State dominated this league while churning through 5 Coaches in 5 years. It's not the end of the world for App.

    We were able to survive losing Monken because we made a great hire in Fritz. App likely does the same.
    Gillen is not a slouch, but I think you're being a tad naive on just how difficult it can be to put together a coaching staff, even if you get the right HC.

    It is frequently overlooked by all the Fritz fans, the role Lunsford played in being the guy to keep everything in place while TK interviewed candidates.

    App was able to do it last time, if they go 'outside' again and don't promote someone on staff it will be difficult to repeat that a 2nd time IMO.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  5. #65

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Some of y'all are very naive. App will be fine because their AD isn't foolish enough to make a Tyson Summers hire.

    Ark State dominated this league while churning through 5 Coaches in 5 years. It's not the end of the world for App.

    We were able to survive losing Monken because we made a great hire in Fritz. App likely does the same.
    Yes. Most likely next year they will be ok... Their returning allot... Guaranteed without retention they will go through what we did in 2021 if not next season depending on the hire.

  6. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Gillen is not a slouch, but I think you're being a tad naive on just how difficult it can be to put together a coaching staff, even if you get the right HC.

    It is frequently overlooked by all the Fritz fans, the role Lunsford played in being the guy to keep everything in place while TK interviewed candidates.

    App was able to do it last time, if they go 'outside' again and don't promote someone on staff it will be difficult to repeat that a 2nd time IMO.
    Yep.

    That dam's gonna break.

    A LOT of App's success has to do with their QB. He will graduate, and who knows what will follow.

    He might not have the most awesome stats in the conferences, but he is a very smart QB.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,431

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Gillen is not a slouch, but I think you're being a tad naive on just how difficult it can be to put together a coaching staff, even if you get the right HC.

    It is frequently overlooked by all the Fritz fans, the role Lunsford played in being the guy to keep everything in place while TK interviewed candidates.

    App was able to do it last time, if they go 'outside' again and don't promote someone on staff it will be difficult to repeat that a 2nd time IMO.
    That and only 3 of those guys (I believe) are holdovers, the rest are Drink's guys including S&C. Likely that the band doesn't stay together. Then, if Clark is the guy, he's got to assemble a staff to keep what they've got going on.

    It would have been easier for us likely if we'd kept McGee after Fritz, as we likely would have kept a portion of the staff in place. But Fritz didn't go to an SEC school, where the budget for assistants is much hire and can promise a lot more.


  8. #68

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Says a lot about what the coaching fraternity thinks of Fritz if a guy with one year head coaching experience can up and steal Willie’s “dream job”.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  9. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Says a lot about what the coaching fraternity thinks of Fritz if a guy with one year head coaching experience can up and steal Willie’s “dream job”.
    Age probably his biggest issue.

  10. #70

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Says a lot about what the coaching fraternity thinks of Fritz if a guy with one year head coaching experience can up and steal Willie’s “dream job”.
    Says more about how stupid ADs are...Arkansas thinks Sam Pittman is going to help them win games. Missouri AD just as stupid.

Similar Threads

  1. Coaching Carousel
    By 81eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 19th December 2014, 10:17 AM
  2. The Coaching Carousel
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th January 2014, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •