TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri HC job

1. Default Re: Missouri HC job

People still hating on Fritz even years after all that audio came out and players came out and backed up that whole thing?

Default Re: Missouri HC job

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    People still hating on Fritz even years after all that audio came out and players came out and backed up that whole thing?
    Regardless of the audio -

1. That 2015 gag State game
    2. Scorched earth recruiting tactics by his son

Lots of fans will never forget because of that.

From the Tulane board:

"CWF did right by us for 4 years, I wish him well wherever he winds up next whenever that transition happens. This was a huge task here at our little institution and he moved mountains. I hope he gets everything he deserves whether it's now or next year or the year after, because he is fantastic. And we couldn't have done it without him. He taught us a lot about how to market and recruit despite all of our obstacles.

I must also say: We thought it was all fun and games when a bare cupboard was discovered at GSU because it benefited us, so I just hope that we have taken the precautions to limit any bleeding or loss if there is a transition."

If Fritz had won here and mediocre everywhere else you might could make the argument he caught lightning in a bottle here. The guy has won everywhere he’s ever been. He’s the winningest coach Tulane has had in decades. His players love him as well as other coaches in the industry. He coached Edwin Jackson for one season and his parents asked him to speak at Edwin’s funeral. Fritz had a boss he didn’t like very much and got offered a higher paying job. Who wouldn’t leave? He had it in his contract that if the president or ad left he could have a lesser buyout. With how often new administrators clean house I don’t blame him. Not his fault for asking for it. Jeff Monken talked students into paying more money each semester for the move to FBS and stadium renovations and then left for a higher paying job. And don’t quote any of that he did it to serve his country crap. He’s a candidate at Missouri too which last time I checked isn’t a military school. Fritz and Monken are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    If Fritz had won here and mediocre everywhere else you might could make the argument he caught lightning in a bottle here. The guy has won everywhere he’s ever been. He’s the winningest coach Tulane has had in decades. His players love him as well as other coaches in the industry. He coached Edwin Jackson for one season and his parents asked him to speak at Edwin’s funeral. Fritz had a boss he didn’t like very much and got offered a higher paying job. Who wouldn’t leave? He had it in his contract that if the president or ad left he could have a lesser buyout. With how often new administrators clean house I don’t blame him. Not his fault for asking for it. Jeff Monken talked students into paying more money each semester for the move to FBS and stadium renovations and then left for a higher paying job. And don’t quote any of that he did it to serve his country crap. He’s a candidate at Missouri too which last time I checked isn’t a military school. Fritz and Monken are no different.
    Yeah, but Monken was in Statesboro for nine years and by almost any measure did more for our program in those nine years than Willie did in two.

That’s why I don’t have a problem with GS people liking Jeff over Willie.

Plus, Monken left immediately after beating Florida, while Fritz left immediately after getting embarrassed BADLY by Georgia State.

While I don’t share the sour grapes-attitude toward Fritz, I can somewhat understand its source, as well as Monken’s possible slight edge in popularity.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yeah, but Monken was in Statesboro for nine years and by almost any measure did more for our program in those nine years than Willie did in two.

That’s why I don’t have a problem with GS people liking Jeff over Willie.

Plus, Monken left immediately after beating Florida, while Fritz left immediately after getting embarrassed BADLY by Georgia State.

While I don’t share the sour grapes-attitude toward Fritz, I can somewhat understand its source, as well as Monken’s possible slight edge in popularity.
    I have no problem with people liking Monken over Fritz. But they both left for more money. Period. Don’t act like Fritz did something never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I have no problem with people liking Monken over Fritz. But they both left for more money. Period. Don’t act like Fritz did something never seen before.
    I agree with you.

But he shouldn’t have dropped a deuce on the desk before he left.

(at least that’s what I heard)
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

8. Default Re: Missouri HC job

“Here’s a coach whose candidacy is picking up steam: Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson has talked to Missouri officials multiple times this week and is interested in the position, a source said Wednesday.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stl...dc2bc.amp.html

“A source close to Monken said this week the Black Knights coach would be interested in the position if offered.”

Looks like Willie will have to back a Brink's truck up to the door at his next job to get all the money safely home.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Mizzou doesn't have the balls to offer Jeff Monken the job.