TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,839

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    To add in on the preorders, we are around the same as last year before the deadline. So people are waiting to see the bowl before committing since we sold out allotment out.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  2. #62

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I understand.

    And I genuinely appreciate that some of y’all are so gung-ho. I love that 1peat is going to buy 9 tickets and be there 3 days before the game representing.

    That’s just not how most people ‘shop’ when there’s no danger of missing out by waiting until it’s announced. And as I’ve said before-as crass as it sounds, for a lot of folks, it’s more a ‘shopping’ experience than a ‘philanthropic’ one.

    All I was really saying is that we’ll sell our tickets once it’s announced and people can make concrete plans, and that ‘slow’ pre-orders are nothing to be concerned about.
    Hah sorry.
    Just been dealing with a lot of people in the fan group who really just didn't seem to understand it, but after seeing it repeated a few times it seemed to finally click.

    If you aren't worried about where you're seated in terms of priority points then there really is no harm in waiting. Honestly sometimes I feel like people get better seats.

    Fortunately I was in a position that I knew I can go no matter which game, and I'm not patient at all, so went ahead and jumped on the pre-orders.

    Georgia Southern may be the only thing I don't procrastinate on haha

  3. Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    but that's the thing is that you would only get charged for the bowl you can go to anyway.

    If you already know you can go to Orlando, go ahead and submit your pre-order. That's what I don't think people understand. some seem to think they're going to get charged for everything they submit a pre-order for but that's not the case.
    A problem with that is the quantity of tickets needed for each bowl. Itís tough to get an accurate friends & family head count when you donít know the date or location. Itís just not that efficient to try to get all that organized and preorder tickets for 5 different bowls when you can wait a few days for the official bowl announcement. I mean, itís not like the game is going to be sold out.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    A problem with that is the quantity of tickets needed for each bowl. Itís tough to get an accurate friends & family head count when you donít know the date or location. Itís just not that efficient to try to get all that organized and preorder tickets for 5 different bowls when you can wait a few days for the official bowl announcement. I mean, itís not like the game is going to be sold out.
    But the dates and locations have been available for months?

  5. Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    But the dates and locations have been available for months?
    I think you missed my point.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I think you missed my point.
    I'm just an OCD planner.

    The dates and locations aren't going to change though so either people know they're going to be able to or not.

    I have some people I am coordinating with for this, but overall I think I am becoming more and more thankful that I can just travel alone so that I don't have to play the waiting game.

  7. Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I'm just an OCD planner.

    The dates and locations aren't going to change though so either people know they're going to be able to or not.

    I have some people I am coordinating with for this, but overall I think I am becoming more and more thankful that I can just travel alone so that I don't have to play the waiting game.
    I understand the dates and locations arenít going to change, well aware, but getting commitments from friends and family for all 5 different scenarios of varying dates, flight prices, times off work, etc., is not always worth the hassle to preorder tickets.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,839

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I understand the dates and locations aren’t going to change, well aware, but getting commitments from friends and family for all 5 different scenarios of varying dates, flight prices, times off work, etc., is not always worth the hassle to preorder tickets.
    Well 3 of the bowls are on the same date, so that's not going to change. And can't say in 20 years and many jobs were I didn't have the flexibility of taking time off (put it in as tentative) especially when you're talking about 1-2 days. Not a whole week off. Now finances between the different bowls - that I get. I've had my hotels booked for 10 months, even before the dates were announced. It costs nothing to book and free cancellation, so I booked up 3 weekends in December for the bowls in each site. Even if you forgot, just book with a gift card (this coming from a good friend in the hotel industry) so you don't get charged the cancellation rate. lol
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  9. #69

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I understand the dates and locations arenít going to change, well aware, but getting commitments from friends and family for all 5 different scenarios of varying dates, flight prices, times off work, etc., is not always worth the hassle to preorder tickets.
    I can certainly understand waiting in terms of flights. As far as time off, I've always just gone ahead and put a request in for what I need as soon as I know I need it, and worst case I just cancel it. I guess I've just been blessed to work in a slightly different environment than most. My old job eventually took the hint and just gave me Fridays and Saturdays off (which then caused me to have surplus of PTO since I really only used it for football anyways). I know my mom has been a little frustrated with trying to figure out when she should request, but she's also fairly new at the company she's at, so the pecking order may come into play.

    Again, I'm a bit of a nerd who plans WAY in advance. And I can understand where you're coming from by saying that it's more of a philanthropic thing for some people, but even if you ended up with extras, you could probably sell them to someone. Or in cases like Montgomery where seating was snug, extras aren't such a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Well 3 of the bowls are on the same date, so that's not going to change. And can't say in 20 years and many jobs were I didn't have the flexibility of taking time off (put it in as tentative) especially when you're talking about 1-2 days. Not a whole week off. Now finances between the different bowls - that I get. I've had my hotels booked for 10 months, even before the dates were announced. It costs nothing to book and free cancellation, so I booked up 3 weekends in December for the bowls in each site. Even if you forgot, just book with a gift card (this coming from a good friend in the hotel industry) so you don't get charged the cancellation rate. lol
    I waited until we hit six wins to book hotels, but definitely made sure I selected ones with no cancellation charge. figured it would at least have a room on hold for me in the host town and if I needed to make adjustments once the official announcements came out, I could. (For example, in Montgomery I booked at the hotel the team stayed at last year, but based on their rotation policy, they should be across the street at the Renaissance. Unfortunately, the Renaissance does not have a free cancellation. so either I hop over there once it is confirmed, or I stay across the street which would not be the end of the world. Both were nice, and I think the embassy has actually undergone renovations since last year.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

    What are the benefits of staying where the team stays? I stayed where the team stayed for 4 years from Jacksonville FL to Tacoma Washington.....and it was just a headache for me.....
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Similar Threads

  1. Good ticket sales so far ó Camelia Bowl
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 13th December 2018, 08:16 AM
  2. bowl game ticket for sell
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th December 2018, 02:45 PM
  3. WINGS Ticket Donation option added to Go Daddy Bowl Tix Page
    By yourmother in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd December 2015, 02:55 PM
  4. Anyone know how Bowl ticket sales are going?
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 9th December 2015, 01:57 PM
  5. How bad will this fiasco hurt bowl ticket sales?
    By EAGLEX2 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 6th December 2015, 11:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •