TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobsled Formation

1. Default Bobsled Formation

Is it just me, or does something positive usually happen out of this formation? Surprised we don't see it more.

Could be a dive, option to either side, zone read run from the QB, or a pass... The first touchdown against Georgia State was out of this formation and the blocking was perfect and I don't even think Wertz got touched. But it just seems like over the last couple of years that formation rarely leads to a stuffed play.

Am I dreaming that?

Default Re: Bobsled Formation

I really wish we'd counter out of it though.

We telegraph the playside by the motion prior to the snap, and it seems teams are starting to key on that and bite hard to that side.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

We telegraph the playside by the motion prior to the snap, and it seems teams are starting to key on that and bite hard to that side.
    When we DO counter, it will be epic.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Like we did Saturday?

5. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Good point... That could almost be your base formation at that point... Option to either side, dive, QB zone read, counter, or pass. All options. The counter would be deadly out of it if you telegraph with motion but then counter the other way.

6. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Is it just me, or does something positive usually happen out of this formation? Surprised we don't see it more.

Could be a dive, option to either side, zone read run from the QB, or a pass... The first touchdown against Georgia State was out of this formation and the blocking was perfect and I don't even think Wertz got touched. But it just seems like over the last couple of years that formation rarely leads to a stuffed play.

Am I dreaming that?
    It was successful against GA State, but honestly I don’t recall a lot of success with it throughout the year, but I may have forgotten a few good runs from it.

7. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Good point... That could almost be your base formation at that point... Option to either side, dive, QB zone read, counter, or pass. All options. The counter would be deadly out of it if you telegraph with motion but then counter the other way.
    The reason it is successful is because we do not use it much....4-5 times a game is enough....

Am I dreaming that?
    I'm not sure on what part you are dreaming, but out of that formation we did score a TD and Werts got rocked after pitching the ball.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

We counter out of it all the time...we have all year.

10. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I'm not sure on what part you are dreaming, but out of that formation we did score a TD and Werts got rocked after pitching the ball.
    The first touchdown was more of a zone read out of that formation and Wertz scored untouched from 15 yards out or so. The option out of the formation where he got rocked, that was bobsled formation?