TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why playing Georgia State on Thanksgiving weekend is dumb

Default Re: Why playing Georgia State on Thanksgiving weekend is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Yall are missing the point. I don't think we should regard them as rivals.
    Its inevitable. I believe the students already have a hatred for GaSt that matches App at this point. Remember, they went to high school with folks at GaSt and got to read all the social media garbage from them. Its a natural rival.

This will grow over time with students attending/graduating with GaSt on the schedule.

Will it replace App? No

It will replace the void Furman left.
    Last edited by TheEagleWay; 2nd December 2019 at 10:37 AM.

I just feel like we should treat them the same way thUGA treats us. Like we don't matter

Yall are missing the point. I don't think we should regard them as rivals.
    Again, not going to happen. They are an in-state team in the same level (G5) and the same conference as us. As long as we play them, they will be considered ONE of our rivals.

Whether they are good or bad, or whether we like them or respect them is irrelevant.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I just feel like we should treat them the same way thUGA treats us. Like we don't matter
    We're not in the same Division or even conference as UGA, so their attitude toward us is warranted. We play Gag annually in every sport so its a more natural rivalry.

I dont have an issue with playing them on rivalry weekend. I guarantee that had we beaten Troy or even Ark State the week before there would have been a bit more buzz going into the game. You had the die-hards show up, which if the game has more conference title implications you will get more of the casual fans as well. As it stands, the game really had little stakes, other than getting to 7 wins for us to ensure we'd go to a bowl and beating state to even the series at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Again, not going to happen. They are an in-state team in the same level (G5) and the same conference as us. As long as we play them, they will be considered ONE of our rivals.

Whether they are good or bad, or whether we like them or respect them is irrelevant.
    I know the facts. Just stating my opinion, but thanks for sharing the obvious

apples and oranges. SEC school that has been playing football for about 100 years vs Sunbelt school that was FCS until 6 years ago. To them, we don't matter and even though I don't like it, I get it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I know the facts. Just stating my opinion, but thanks for sharing the obvious
    You were the one that said we were missing the point. Had you left that part off your post, no one would have argued with you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    You were the one that said we were missing the point. Had you left that part off your post, no one would have argued with you at all.
    And it was the POINT of my OPINION they missed.

And it was the POINT of my OPINION they missed.
    so, people are not allowed to respond to your posts now????

10. Default Re: Why playing Georgia State on Thanksgiving weekend is dumb

We should treat Gag the same way Georgia treats Tech. It’s a game that you gotta play and you gotta win to accomplish your goals. It should be an easy win, but they are going to make it as tough on you as they can, and if you lose, you’ll never hear the end of it.