TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: A look at possible bowl game matchups

Default A look at possible bowl game matchups

Here's a summary of key statistics for teams we might face in a bowl game. I left out the Mountain West teams even though State played a MWC team in the Cure Bowl a few years ago because I think that's unlikely. I'm also assuming we won't face any AAC team other than Tulane. Teams in red are playing in the CCG this weekend. I left Buffalo and UNCC out because they were already both selected.

IMO, the issue isn't facing good QBs or good WRs as much as it is facing more pass-oriented schemes.

The worst matchup to me looks like Central Michigan and Southern Miss. Both of those games would be Troy-esque matchups. Hopefully CMU will win the MAC CG and eliminate the possibility of that game. I would also prefer to not play Louisiana Tech. I also don't care to face Willie Fritz, Bill Clark (UAB), or Butch Davis (FIU) on extended periods of prep. Basically I'd like a MAC team other than CMU. The CUSA teams seem to present more of a schematic mismatch.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: A look at possible bowl game matchups

Anybody, anyplace, anytime.

Any team that passes a lot and effectively, and can stop the run is a nightmare for us regardless of record (see Troy).

AAC picks bowls differently. Could see UCF or Temple if chips fall a certain way.

I'm tired of playing MAC teams, bring on someone else.

6. Default Re: A look at possible bowl game matchups

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'm tired of playing MAC teams, bring on someone else.
    +1

Something tells me that we have many years of playing Michigan directional schools in Alabama ahead of us, I’d like to avoid that whenever possible.