TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JD King

1. Default Re: JD King

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Going forward, I’d like to see him do more of the latter by getting through the line and into the back end of the defense a little more quickly.
    I think he does a good job considering the holes which ain’t ever there.

Give him a hole every once in a while and lookout!

Default Re: JD King

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think he does a good job considering the holes which ain’t ever there.

Give him a hole everyone once in a while and lookout!
    Like I said, King’s a good running back. He might be better than good if he could create more big plays for himself.

He hasn’t shown much of the body control/efficiency and quick burst through the hole that creates big plays on IZ in 2019. He may show that in spades next season, though. If he doesn’t, he’s still very good—as good as advertised.

IMO, he brings what L.A. Ramsby brought as a power runner, with probably more raw strength at the end of his runs. He could easily score 20+ TDs next year. If a LB or S stands him up at the two-yard-line but doesn’t bring him down, he’s probably gonna score.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

3. Default Re: JD King

Like I said, King’s a good running back. He might be better than good if he could create more big plays for himself.

He hasn’t shown much of the body control/efficiency and quick burst through the hole that creates big plays on IZ in 2019. He may show that in spades next season, though. If he doesn’t, he’s still very good—as good as advertised.

IMO, he brings what L.A. Ramsby brought as a power runner, with probably more raw strength at the end of his runs. He could easily score 20+ TDs next year. If a LB or S stands him up at the two-yard-line but doesn’t bring him down, he’s probably gonna score.
    Definitely!

Sure would be nice to have that capability.

I think the NCAA’s extremely late decision on King playing hurt us. He is doing well toward the end of the season, but the slow start was probably 100% due to the likelihood that he would get denied.

That was so silly. Finding out he could play about a week prior to the season.

Definitely!

Sure would be nice to have that capability.

I think the NCAA’s extremely late decision on King playing hurt us. He is doing well toward the end of the season, but the slow start was probably 100% due to the likelihood that he would get denied.

That was so silly. Finding out he could play about a week prior to the season.
    He was practicing just like everyone else. He just wasn't getting time with the 1's as we got closer to the season until we found out about his appeal being approved.

People don't realize he had the experience level of a freshman in a scheme like this. It's a lot more demanding in what it asks of an RB than somewhere like Okie State where they had a lot more simple run game. Just like other players needing game reps to get up to speed, he needed the same thing. He didn't actually get a significant amount of primary carries until Logan Wright was injured.

So no, the NCAA didn't hurt him/us in that regard. He needed time in the system...and game reps are dramatically different than practice reps. Add in a bit better blocking up front to give him space, and you've seen him get better and more confident in the system itself.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    He was practicing just like everyone else. He just wasn't getting time with the 1's as we got closer to the season until we found out about his appeal being approved.

People don't realize he had the experience level of a freshman in a scheme like this. It's a lot more demanding in what it asks of an RB than somewhere like Okie State where they had a lot more simple run game. Just like other players needing game reps to get up to speed, he needed the same thing. He didn't actually get a significant amount of primary carries until Logan Wright was injured.

So no, the NCAA didn't hurt him/us in that regard. He needed time in the system...and game reps are dramatically different than practice reps. Add in a bit better blocking up front to give him space, and you've seen him get better and more confident in the system itself.
    I remember seeing somewhere that his course schedule kept him from practicing every Wednesday this past semester, also.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

JD is a bruiser. Gets stronger as the game goes on. He was a beast for Fitzgerald in high school and opposing coaches hated him in the 4th quarter.

7. Default Re: JD King

I remember seeing somewhere that his course schedule kept him from practicing every Wednesday this past semester, also.

That's true.

Maybe he had some kind of labs.

Seems like there should have been some way to work around that.

8. Default Re: JD King

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

I think those are better points.

I assumed it was just lack of practice, but I guess you can't beat game experience.

Did OSU redshirt him? Does he have one or two more years?

I think those are better points.

I assumed it was just lack of practice, but I guess you can't beat game experience.

Did OSU redshirt him? Does he have one or two more years?
    Next year is his senior year

10. Default Re: JD King

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Next year is his senior year

OK. Thanks.

Should be a really good year.

I think we have some really good guys waiting in the wingst as well.