TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For the CCL skeptics...

Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by GATA View Post
    Exactly 1 in the 4th quarter. The other two passes were drops.
    Exactly.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Shai missed some incredibly wide open receivers tonight.

You mean 1?

Now that we know you weren't watching....

I would be much more concerned about Lunsford if he wasn’t the first one to say 7-5 isn’t an acceptable season. This year we dealt with negative circumstances than I’ve ever seen a team deal with and we dealt with it only two years removed from maybe the worst coaching staff in College Football History. He never used it as an excuse. If you can’t see the turnaround Lunsford has helped orchestrate since the 2017 Troy game you’re not looking. If he were to be fired right now he could possibly end up with a higher paying job than what he has because I think a lot of g5 programs would go after him. If we can get healthy and have anything close to a normal season I think this team will be really good next year.

I wonder what else went on besides the suicide, injuries, false arrest, and suspensions, CCL references in the post game there was other adversity that he can’t even mention. Wonder if it has to do with the dudes who went transfer portal on us and if there was some negativity going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA View Post
    Exactly 1 in the 4th quarter. The other two passes were drops.
    That's right. I stand corrected. Three passes. One missed wide open receiver so bad if he'd been flagged for intentional grounding it would have been legit. The other two drops were inexplicable. We seem to have to play so far above our competition to stay in games this season. The question is why. There's a reason and a great coach will figure it out before next season. The only game that we looked the less talented was LSU. The rest we "looked" bigger stronger faster. Coaching missed the mark this season. It happens! Let's get this train on the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    How many?
    Shai made some great throws. One should have gone to the house but the wide receiver dropped it...you can’t blame him for that

Wrong person...sorry pete

I’d be fine if CLL didn’t feel the need to always defend himself and our record. To the vocal nincompoops on Facebook and on here cut the guy a break.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I would be much more concerned about Lunsford if he wasn’t the first one to say 7-5 isn’t an acceptable season. This year we dealt with negative circumstances than I’ve ever seen a team deal with and we dealt with it only two years removed from maybe the worst coaching staff in College Football History. He never used it as an excuse. If you can’t see the turnaround Lunsford has helped orchestrate since the 2017 Troy game you’re not looking. If he were to be fired right now he could possibly end up with a higher paying job than what he has because I think a lot of g5 programs would go after him. If we can get healthy and have anything close to a normal season I think this team will be really good next year.
    Plus won.

This season has been a marathon of oddities...from annoying, bad, to tragic.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

We just beat the brakes off State. Hail Southern and congrats to our players and coaches. This has been an odd season with a lot of adversity for our team. Terrible weather for most home games which had a significant impact on attendance. Injuries on OL and other stuff. Chad and his team held it together. Am I pleased with a 7-5 record and watching App climb into to top 25? Heck no. But I think a bowl win will give us a lot of momentum in recruiting and next year could be a great season.

Hope we go to Cure Bowl but if not, Camellia would be just fine. If you have never experienced one of our two previous bowl appearances, I encourage you to make the trip. I’ve been to all our national playoff games and title tilts in FCS but the FBS bowls are on another level. Great time for Eagle fans. The bowl committees do a terrific job. GATA.

10. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    We just beat the brakes off State. Hail Southern and congrats to our players and coaches. This has been an odd season with a lot of adversity for our team. Terrible weather for most home games which had a significant impact on attendance. Injuries on OL and other stuff. Chad and his team held it together. Am I pleased with a 7-5 record and watching App climb into to top 25? Heck no. But I think a bowl win will give us a lot of momentum in recruiting and next year could be a great season.

Hope we go to Cure Bowl but if not, Camellia would be just fine. If you have never experienced one of our two previous bowl appearances, I encourage you to make the trip. I’ve been to all our national playoff games and title tilts in FCS but the FBS bowls are on another level. Great time for Eagle fans. The bowl committees do a terrific job. GATA.
    I agree.

I wasn't sure I would like FBS as well...... But it's a BLAST!

The Camelia bowl was an awesome experience. Just as exciting as any NC I have been to.