TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the CCL skeptics...

Default For the CCL skeptics...

Let this sink in: Coach Lunsford and this staff has now won as many games in two seasons as Fritz did in his two seasons here (depending on whether you count the vacated ULM win in 2014) with still 1 game remaining. And with more roster limitations and arguably tougher conference schedule. I feel fine about this coaching staff going forward.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Hope youíre right, but I donít see it. GATA

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Let this sink in: Coach Lunsford and this staff has now won as many games in two seasons as Fritz did in his two seasons here (depending on whether you count the vacated ULM win in 2014) with still 1 game remaining. And with more roster limitations and arguably tougher conference schedule. I feel fine about this coaching staff going forward.

3. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Donít want to use the tough schedule as a crutch...7-5 is not acceptable

Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

We're two years removed from the ****storm Summers left us in. I fully believe our offense will improve next year and have faith in this staff

5. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

In his post game I liked what he said. 7-5 isn’t good enough at Southern but the seniors battled from 7 wins in two years to 17 the last two. He was pretty fired up defending them.

6. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Donít want to use the tough schedule as a crutch...7-5 is not acceptable
    I've been an Eagle from the start and I get winning. "Not acceptable" based on what? I'd rather win more also but we have one of the lowest budgets in FBS. Our conference is showing itself reasonably well. Do we have to win just because "we're Georgia Southern and we're supposed to win?" Man, I wish it were that simple.
    Last edited by 82eagle; 30th November 2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

Whatever CCL decides Iím fine with it! If he makes no change or if he makes major change Iím in.

Don’t want to use the tough schedule as a crutch...7-5 is not acceptable
    At this level 7-5 is acceptable, we don't have the FCS playoff to go on a 3-4 game win streak to be 10-5. Don't get me wrong it is the least won loss record that is acceptable but it's acceptable.

7-5 is not acceptable. We shouldn’t lose at home, and damn sure shouldn’t lose to average teams like Troy and Arkie State with a conference championship on the line.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Don’t want to use the tough schedule as a crutch...
    I don't think there's a coach or player that doesn't want to do better than that, but this has been a rough season between Werts' injury, Kennedy's suspension, OL attrition we don't have depth (yet) to endure, and above all a teammate taking his own life.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.