TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: For the CCL skeptics...

Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    That's right. I stand corrected. Three passes. One missed wide open receiver so bad if he'd been flagged for intentional grounding it would have been legit. The other two drops were inexplicable.
    One of those other two wasn't a drop, it was a good play by the state DB to tip it up.

IDK who called the plays last night, but it was brilliant. I think State was expecting dive, dive, 3rd and long option, and certainly that's the way we started the first drive, which likely put their D to sleep. Them boys didn't know what was going to happen the rest of the game. Their D coaches got snookered last night, no question about it.

Great game plan.

I like that they already played two option teams so they were READY.

Got a good kick outta that line

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    That's right. I stand corrected. Three passes. One missed wide open receiver so bad if he'd been flagged for intentional grounding it would have been legit. The other two drops were inexplicable. We seem to have to play so far above our competition to stay in games this season. The question is why. There's a reason and a great coach will figure it out before next season. The only game that we looked the less talented was LSU. The rest we "looked" bigger stronger faster. Coaching missed the mark this season. It happens! Let's get this train on the tracks.
    Shai threw the ball well enough to go 9/10 for 160+ yards, but let’s pile on.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

4. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

5. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Let this sink in: Coach Lunsford and this staff has now won as many games in two seasons as Fritz did in his two seasons here (depending on whether you count the vacated ULM win in 2014) with still 1 game remaining. And with more roster limitations and arguably tougher conference schedule. I feel fine about this coaching staff going forward.
    That's great...I hope there's not a single coaching change for next year! I've been frustrated at times during the season but overall, this coaching staff and team has dealt with a lot of adversity and has handled it exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Vocal nincompoops help fund the program, they can’t be ignored completely.
    Nor should they be ignored completely. Everyone has a voice, but c’mon some of the criticism has been way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    We had FCS players and were not allowed to go to a bowl game, context is important but as usual never employed on this board. The first year in the FBS was actually a historic one and you cant put that season up against any subsequent. You just shining a turd of a season but it is still a turd, 7-5 is a joke the way we lost not just because of the record. We beat two FBS teams with winning records and gave up 28 points or more five times this season. Willie's teams gave up 28 or more just six times in two seasons. If they dont pull their heads out of their butts in recruiting and on defense we will not be winning any trophies anytime soon.
    The context that matters here is having the starting QB out for 2.5 games, having our best offensive player sitting out 4 games, having our best IZ runner out for half the season, our best offensive linemen out for the season, and 3 other OL starters out for an extended period time while we have limited depth at key positions because of coaching turnover and a supremely incompetent head coaching here. If you could go back to the beginning of the season and tell people you'd be dealing with these and other off-field issues, most would probably be good with 7-5.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 1st December 2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I'd like to see something done about the secondary, they looked completely lost against Ark St and Troy. I can excuse the O-Line's struggles given the injuries but we aren't going to get another conference championship without being able to stop a good HUNH high flying offense next year.

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    I'd like to see something done about the secondary, they looked completely lost against Ark St and Troy. I can excuse the O-Line's struggles given the injuries but we aren't going to get another conference championship without being able to stop a good HUNH high flying offense next year.
    I agree that our pass defense needs improvement. What’s worrisome is that it might be awhile before we have a top-three at CB as good as this season’s seniors, but our pass defense essentially gave us no chance to beat Troy or Ark St.

Those performances can’t be chalked up to a lack of defensive talent, IMO.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I agree that our pass defense needs improvement. What’s worrisome is that it might be awhile before we have a top-three at CB as good as this season’s seniors, but our pass defense essentially gave us no chance to beat Troy or Ark St.

Those performances can’t be chalked up to a lack of defensive talent, IMO.
    Our safety play has been our weakness the last two seasons.

I expect corners to get challenged a bit more next year though.