TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

1. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

I wish we knew now so I could go ahead and setup my flights and hotels

2. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Probably zero. They usually play in Detroit when they win the conference. My brother was there when Thunder Dan Marle played hoops.

Also Big Frank stated on social media Arizona is not in play.
    We played BGSU in Alabama after they won the MAC and we were about the same position in the SBC as we are now, I’d say the chances of playing CMU in Alabama are pretty good, pending the results of their championship game.

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    I wish we knew now so I could go ahead and setup my flights and hotels
    You can go ahead and reserve hotel rooms in all possible cities. Free to reserve and cancel. I have a flight from Atlanta to Orlando on points. Free to cancel on Southwest, you just hold the credit to use for a later flight. I'm almost certain we're going to Orlando (just like AEKDB said). Sorry State, you're going to Arizona.

Cure bowl. Read some tea leaves. 99% confidence level.

5. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    Someone please remind the commissioner that we are Georgia Southern, not GagState.

Someone also remind him that he is ultimately responsible for the garbage officiating in this conference.

This whole season it has been particularly bad.

When some made-up BS calls are getting to be the punch line of ESPN bottom 10 shows and late night jokes, there’s a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Someone also remind him that he is ultimately responsible for the garbage officiating in this conference.

This whole season it has been particularly bad.

When some made-up BS calls are getting to be the punch line of ESPN bottom 10 shows and late night jokes, there’s a real problem.
    Wow. I didn’t realize that! #sarcfont

I think the Sun Belt would be wise to not specify where the runners-up will go ahead of time, that way the bowls can get the best matches for potential profit. That said, I see it like this:

NOLA Bowl -- Conference champ. I think it will be App, but NOLA will be rooting hard for ULL since that would be an extra 20k tickets sold
    Lending Tree Bowl - ULL. That's an easy trip for the Cajuns
    Camellia Bowl -- GaSt. Very doable for the ATLiens. All 50 of their fans could charter a bus.
    Cure Bowl -- Georgia Southern. Orlando has wanted us for three years, but was always last to pick.
    Arizona Bowl -- Arkansas State. The story surrounding Anderson's wife is exactly why they SHOULDN'T go. Instead of 4-5 days of celebrating a winning season and getting one more game, it would turn into a media circus where you make a guy talk about his dead wife for a week straight. Since Sun Belt has tie-in to all these bowls, I'm sure they could sit down with Anderson in a hotel room in Arizona and do a heartfelt interview that can be showcased as part of the Cure Bowl broadcast. The Cure Bowl gets its story and Anderson/ASU get to have a normal bowl week.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

My prediction: App wins Sun Belt

NOLA: App
    Mobile: LaLa
    Camilla: Ark State
    Cure: GS
    Arizona: Ga State

9. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Well said CC, I could see all of that play out exactly that way. However, I feel like ULL beats App in the CCG. IMO they only lost the first matchup because Napier out-coached himself, I’m sure he is itching for this rematch, you know the players are and App is just arrogant enough to start making Cotton Bowl arrangements before the game.

I don’t know how I feel about our chances of getting the Cure Bowl, yet. I completely understand that Anderson may not want a week of talking about his wife, but he may also want to play a part in the solution, or help the cause by contributing to increasing awareness, I don’t know, I don’t him at all so I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Well said CC, I could see all of that play out exactly that way. However, I feel like ULL beats App in the CCG. IMO they only lost the first matchup because Napier out-coached himself, I’m sure he is itching for this rematch, you know the players are and App is just arrogant enough to start making Cotton Bowl arrangements before the game.

I don’t know how I feel about our chances of getting the Cure Bowl, yet. I completely understand that Anderson may not want a week of talking about his wife, but he may also want to play a part in the solution, or help the cause by contributing to increasing awareness, I don’t know, I don’t him at all so I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either way.
    Please be right!!!