TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Well said CC, I could see all of that play out exactly that way. However, I feel like ULL beats App in the CCG. IMO they only lost the first matchup because Napier out-coached himself, I’m sure he is itching for this rematch, you know the players are and App is just arrogant enough to start making Cotton Bowl arrangements before the game.

I don’t know how I feel about our chances of getting the Cure Bowl, yet. I completely understand that Anderson may not want a week of talking about his wife, but he may also want to play a part in the solution, or help the cause by contributing to increasing awareness, I don’t know, I don’t him at all so I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either way.
    Please be right!!!

I'm curious where the Cure Bowl predictions are coming from. I could see them pick us, but I just don't have a good gut feeling about this one compared to Montgomery. I'll be at either, just not the AZ bowl. I can't really see us fall that far down in the pecking order.
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburn
    Eamus Aquila Anno Aquila AA000400

When do the bowl invites go out? Will it be after the conf championship games?

Hoping for the camellia bowl simply because there is more national exposure. Camellia is on ESPN. Cure is on CBS sports network which means you have to go looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle07 View Post
    When do the bowl invites go out? Will it be after the conf championship games?
    Yes.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Game at Appy, Appy will win by 2 TD's

7. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Scenario 1a: App wins the CCG and goes to NOLA, ULL goes to Mobile, Camellia picks us, Cure picks Arkansas State, Arizona picks Gast.

Scenario 1b: ULL wins the CCG and goes to NOLA, App goes to Mobile, Camellia picks us, Cure picks StAte, Arizona picks Gast.

Scenario 2: ULL wins the CCG and goes to NOLA, Mobile decides to pick us over App, Camellia picks App, Cure picks StAte, Arizona picks GaSt

Scenario 3: App wins the CCG and goes to NOLA, ULL goes to Mobile, Camellia picks StAte, Cure picks us, Arizona picks GaSt.

Scenario 4: App wins the CCG and goes to NOLA, ULL goes to Mobile, Camellia picks Gast, Cure picks StAte, Arizona picks us.

If ULL is the runner up, they are most definitely going to Mobile. If App is the runner up, Mobile could decide to pick a team nearer by but most likely will pick App. StAte will go to the Cure Bowl unless the Camellia bowl picks them first. The only way I see us in the Arizona Bow is if Camellia picks Georgia State for some reason and Cure really wants to push the Wendy Anderson narrative for their cause.

In the unlikeliest of all scenarios, (App State sneaking in to Cotton Bowl), how does everything else shake out? Us to Mobile, maybe?

9. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    In the unlikeliest of all scenarios, (App State sneaking in to Cotton Bowl), how does everything else shake out? Us to Mobile, maybe?
    I don’t think that is possible. Boise and Memphis would both have to lose their CCG and both are double-digit favorites. Even if that happens, Cincy would probably be ranked higher than App.

I agree it's unlikely, but if App dominates, Boise and Memphis lose, not sure that Cincy will move ahead of App.